Neurology Community
Arteritis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Arteritis

I have been a migraine sufferer for 10 years.  But last November I started having episodes where I would have a sharp headache type pain the back of my head; that spot would become very tender to touch or to even lay down on a pillow.  It would only last a few minutes or sometimes a full day and then it would go away for a while.  About a month ago it came back and my husband commented that I seemed very distant and disoriented when this occured.  I personally just felt extremely tired, and confused when it was happening.  I finally went to my physician, whom sent me in for an MRI.  He called this morning with the results and said I have Arteritis and is sending me back to my migraine/pain specialist.  He didn't quite explain what this disease is, and after doing a little research it seems a bit more alarming than what he was letting on.  What I am worried about most (other than the fact that this could cause sudden blindness!) is that my husband and I just started trying to concieve (conceive) our first child and the mroe I'm reading, the more I'm finding that the prednisone therapy can last years!!  I am so upset thinking we won't be able to continue trying to concieve (conceive) during this period.. Is this true? And if anyone could give me more information on this, it would be greatly appreciated!