Arthritis or Neuropathy?
At the age of 33, one day I was fine, healthy etc. Went to bed and the next morning woke up with excruciating pain deep inside my r/knee area. Couldn't get out of bed or walk. That was the start of my (disease)? Went to an orthopedist. Got cortisone injection, gave me anti-inflammatories, sent me home told me to rest. Pain never went away, but it subsided a bit. Pain flared up again after about a month, ortho referred me to rheumatologist. More anit-inflammatories for a while. Pain disappeared for a bit but reappeared in the exact same area but the OPPOSITE  knee.
Same deal, more cortisone shots,etc. And just like that, pain has come and gone moving around different joints in my body. R/ elbow then L/elbow, hand, wrist, shoulder, toes. At the present time, I'm 41 and still in pain, still seeing rheumatologist. Diagnosed with RA. (have seen 4 drs. in the past 8 years). I have had all the blood tests which have been all in normal range. No RF present. Negative Anti-CCP. etc etc. The only thing that would be on the high side at times would be the CRP #'s. Which would come down with medication like prednisone. I've taken all kinds of meds, some to name a few: Naproxen, Vioxx, Celebrex, Diclofenac, Mobic, Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil, Clinoril, Lodine, Methotrexate, Neurontin, Methilprednisolone, Prednisone,  HUMIRA injections. (These are the ones I remember). My current regimen is Humira 1wk., Leflunomide 1day and tapering off of Prednisone. But guess what?? I'm still in a lot of pain in my L/elbow and some pain in R/hand and wrist. I have come to doubt I actually have RA. Perhaps I have some weird unknow disease not known to the medical community. HELP!!!!!!!
Hi.

From what you have described, the symptoms are most likely arthritic in nature and the migratory pattern of these arthritides is really a diagnostic challenge.  This is commonly due to rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis due to infections, or connective tissue diseases.  Infections that can induce these forms of arthritis would include rheumatic fever and an uncommon form of urinary tract infection. I suggest that you discuss with your doctor regarding these other factors (the infection angle) and be worked up for such.  These can be treated with antibiotics if proven.

Regards.
I am a male aged 50 and am experiencing exactly what you went through 3 years ago. have you come to a conclusion as to what this condition is?
Dear fellow sufferer, I can totally relate to your symptom ology. Have your doctors actually confirmed by a blood test of RA? I was diagnosed this at the age of 56 although being a female firefighter I had my share of achy joints in the shoulders legs knees always thought they were referring pain brought on by getting older. Doctors do not seem to have answers for what we confirm mystery illnesses, but I really want to pass on to you some information that you can read for yourself and keep in mind that knowledge is power. A book published November 2015 it is a must-read for people like yourself and I with joint pain mystery illnesses such as fibromyalgia and the like. The name of the book is called the medical intuitive. The author is Anthony Williams. It said an entirely new light on my situation and I now do not have the feeling of a death sentence which I did 30 days ago. My intentions are never to take a biologic such as Humira, Remicade or be pleasure of other drugs that are like playing Russian roulette. I wholeheartedly hope you check the book out on your Kindle app. $12.99 is a small price to pay for the amount of knowledge I have received regarding my situation. I wish you well in your journey, it really does suck to have these symptoms in your thirties. As for myself I have been using voltaren pain management medication, I have good days and some really bad days. But the information in the book the Medical Intuitive has really helped me understand what's truly going on in my body. And remember there is the mind body connection are thinking is very very powerful, today I stand fearless and will do what I need to to get better. I hope this helped, I have never answered a question someone has raised on any medical forum on the Internet. Greetings from California,