Attention: head pressure, pressure in head, headache people!
Hello everyone, after suffering for nearly 2 years with a mysterious neurological-like condition, I have almost given up all hope of living a normal life again. After a whole lot of research on the net, I have run into several postings with people describing my condition almost down to the exact letter. However, many of these posts are on some obscure website with the postings being months or years old. The purpose of my post here is to *hopefully* unite those of us who suffer from this unexplained condition.

The one symptom that seems to bond us all together is a constant "pressure" sensation behind the forehead and beneath the front top of the head. The way people describe this varies according to personal expression, but it is usually best described as an expanding sensation behind the forehead as if the brain is growing larger with nowhere to go. The headache is dull, non-throbbing, and does not get worse with exercise. The patient will also describe a sort of "perpetual dizziness" that may be constant or may come and go again. Usually, but not allways the patient will describe the sensation of having a constantly blocked nose even in the absence of any type of discharge or sinus infection. Most but not all patients will describe a feeling of tension or stiffness in the cranial muscles, especially in the forehead.
Hey guys I don't know if someone else posted this or not but a temporary solution I found for the throbbing pain and pressure in the back of my head was donating blood.
I mean everytime after I donate blood my mind becomes clear and normal and I can even think easier. This feeling though only lasts for a week but sometimes you can extend it by sleeping early and getting up early and doing exercise
nothings helped me and I've had a migraine for the past week

I came back from holiday from mexico with a cold... after a few days of being at home all the same symptoms...dizzyness,,,,head pressure earache....fuzzyness.....loosing balance....felt like Id had a bottle of wine and been on the waltzers...then the pain started..only way to describe this..is....my head in a vice...with sharp pencils been rammed down my ears...whilst to knives were stabbing into the base of my skull and twisting and coming out of my temple and eye....Ive never known pain like it.
I was told...viral infection / ear infection / viral laberynthitis....3 different Dr's who gave me anti biotics and the next one said it will have to run its course and the next one gave me..Betahistine Hyrochloride....which helped for the ear pressure...a little...
I contacted a homeopath who said take KALI-MUR 4 tablets every half hour for 2 days...then take every couple of hours..and this helped...a heck of a lot..you just desolve them under your tongue...taste like sherbet....then I stared to feel the pain again. to a point where I could easily have chopped my head off....I then went to see a Nigerian Dr who firstly said lets get blood tests done first...and I'll give you these tablets....take 2 now with food then 1 every 8 hours.....WELL... the pain eased after 1 hour...by 3 hours 50% of pain... went....then took the next one.....pain lessened again about 75 % woke up this morning at 5-30 am had a cup of tea and some biscuits and another tablets and still feel a little fuzzy..but head pain gone 90%....I have never been so relieved in my life....I though I was having a brain hemmorage,,,,the tablets are called....NEPROXEN ....250mg TAKE 2 THEN 1 EVERY 8 HOURS........I get my blood test results this afternoon so I'll check back in later to let you know...I'm still taking my Kali-mur as well.....so......KEEP FINGERS CROSSED...

Chrissy
Today I have good news for many, many people suffering from this foggy headache!!!
Remove all amalgam fillings from your mouth, then consider a detox therapy (Dr. Klinghardt is good!), and you will have a very good chance to recover!!! This is the truth. And it is my own experience.

The mercury vapor is released every day and every hour from the amalgam fillings. This vapor goes directly into the brain (and many other organs) and causes many neuralgic (and many other) symptoms!!! This fact is still not well known nowadays, and many doctors do not consider it. That is because many people in the world earn a lot of money by treating with amalgam. Google "amalgam mercury poisoning" or something similar. That will open your eyes!!!

I had my amalgam fillings removed one month ago, and I am feeling a lot better now! But, please, be careful: When you remove your amalgam, you MUST go to a dentist who can provide you all the necessary protection measures!!! This is a must!!! Otherwise you will get an acute mercury poisoning (I experienced this 16 years ago: I had three amalgam fillings removed without any protection, from that day on all my symptoms started), or a severe worsening of your symptoms!! For the necessary protection measures, see http://www.iaomt.org/articles/files/files288/Safe%20Removal%20of%20Amalgam%20Fillings.pdf

For the amalgam removal, DO NOT go to any conventional dentist!! go to a biological dentist (search in the internet for "biological dentist" in your country). And ask the dentist for each protection measure before the appointment, to make sure she/he really uses it.

Also, please note that root canal treatments are very dangerous. Root canal treated teeth are often another cause for severe illnesses (even cancer). In most cases, it will be the best solution to extract root canal treated teeth or those teeth which otherwise would need a root canal treatment.

Good luck! And good health to everybody!

Health is peace. Peace is progress.

Baminofambo is right. Many medical problems today are amalgam or mercury related. I had mine remove 12 years ago and it has been a nightmare ever since. The  dentist did not use proper protocol. If the medical or dental community admitted that amalgams are as toxic as they are the largest lawsuit in the world would be filed. Not only that but the pharmaceutical companies would loss billions in revenue and the government would also loss billions in taxs that are made from drugs and remedies treating symptoms  that never go away. Head aches, depression, brain fog, mood swings and a host of other problems are all mercury related. Mercury is the second most dangerous substance on the face of this earth but the dental  establishment says it is ok to put it our mouths.
We have to learn to take care of  our selves and stop relying on other to do it for use.
I agree amalgams are toxic and dangerous. To have them removed properly is so important. I had mine removed 12 years ago and the dentist did not use proper protocol. Head aches, depression, brain fog and a host of other issues have ensued. Over the last 8 years I have been to the doctor to many time to mention, had CAT scan, MRI, 9 different medications, diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, bipolar, depression, pressure in the forehead, ECT. A year ago I went to my doctor and told him I thought it might be from having my amalgams taken out and he said absolutely not. I finial went to a naturaopathic doctor and he said mercury poisoning. Went to two other ND's and they both said the same thing. I started chelation lst week and am looking at 3 to 4000 dollars to fix the dentist screw up. This is a real nightmare and I stress to get the amalgams removed properly. There is a lot of crap on the internet about mercury detox and amalgam removal. Go and see somebody how is a professional.
Please ALL must check out the Hummingbird Foundation for m.e.  You will be shocked, amazed, and somehow less alone......However, still suffering.  You can learn some "to dos" and "not to dos".  IF this answers your questions as it did mine. Please share any news. I wish...I PRAY you find answers. I am writing you via my bed, which I now, rarely leave. T
I posted just a few minutes ago with vital information.I have been getting progressively worse for over 20 years with remissions and relapses along the way. Please...everyone posting here needs to go to hfme.org.  It will change the way you live and what to consider when searching for answers.  My latest relapse has made my life unbelievably difficult.  Faith and a lot of help with everything will make a huge difference and removing stress is a must. And all sensory input, which is pretty much everything, uses up your strength. Read the wealth of information there. It is so sad that we aren't getting the help we need. Our numbers are increasing.  We can't be dismissed forever. I would so much love to be the person I really am once again.  My children ...all of my family miss me.  I'm really quite interesting.  We need to keep each other informed.  
please read its long but i need a reply who kind of suffers like me ... not doctors advise and mind because they have no idea what is going off basically this illness i have so called anxiety has been going on for a year or more due to drugs and alcohol indused with brain fogg ect it taken  me the best of the year to believe its anxoety ect, now i have had a mri brain scan and a ct other month because i smell burning all the time and get memory loss and get muscle twitches ectbut in the last week i have serve presure in front of my head its hurting my eyes and it like some thing is pushing my brain my speech is slurred kind of i hvae usless memory and can not focus at all i am unable to work at the moment because the state im in with all this but i didnt have the pain and the serve presure before i had the mri scan now i have cronic head pains and serve presure at front of my head i play the computer xbox most time to kill depression and worry ect i have no idea whats going off my head kills meeming like now its a pulsing presure at the front and fuzzy blury vision ect i get my self do mad at my self because y me ? .. so there for at weekends i tent to get blind drunk and take drugs on recuration use then all week im the same but in the last few days this presure is abnormal but now i no they wont give me a nother mri scan because iv had 1 but i dint have these same problems before i had a mri ... ??? so im back reserching i feel suisidul through it my body reactions are slow my mind is slow my body goes numb theres a whole lot of problems going on because of my head !!!! so breaking this story up any body get any of these symtoms .... front of head kills and feel abnormaly dizzy and presure thats is unexplainable ... memory loss real bad ... body feel dead from it .... feel ill in my self and dont no whether im coming or going .. slurey speech .. can not think at all turning compleatly Dumb !! ..... look i can sit here all day putting stuff but any of these symtoms normal ?? or isit .... ??? plz reply many thanks if u have read my messed up story
Hello Ki3r,
your description sounds like a mercury poisoning. Amalgam fillings are the most common source of mercury poisoning. Do you have amalgam fillings? Did you have an amalgam removal without protection when your symptoms started?

I whish you all the best!

Baminofambo
Hello born2bmom2three,
ME looks like a severe mercury poisoning. Amalgam fillings are the most common source of mercury poisoning. Do you have amalgam fillings? Did you have an amalgam removal without protection when your symptoms started?

Good look! Recover soon!

Baminofambo
Without having read this entire thread because part of my problem is that I have a horrible time concentrating, especially on long walls of text, I think I've been experiencing a lot of the same things many of the people here have. I have horrible pain, mostly localized on the right side of the back of my head almost every second that I'm awake. I have trouble with logic and thinking straight. I often feel as though I'm just running on autopilot because I can't focus enough to be in total control of myself. My memory is shot, especially my short-term memory. Sometimes it literally feels as though half of my brain shuts off, like, half of my brain will feel empty; it's hard to explain. I have trouble remembering words and pronouncing words. I feel awful pressure in my head that gets worse when I move certain ways. Sometimes I wonder if I have a bulging aneurysm or a brain tumor.

I think I'm going to try and go gluten free if I ever feel okay enough to go to the store and pick up some gluten-free foods...I've been meaning to a while but have been bedridden. All I know is I need to do something. I'm 22 years old and feel like my life is over. I used to be so ambitious and adventure-seeking, and now I lay in bed in tears all day long. My family wants me to be out looking for jobs and for someone to marry and begin a family with, and they don't understand me nor believe me when I tell them I would love to do those things, but it's near impossible with the way I always feel. I feel so defeated.
hi freefallin,

I whish you all the best!

Baminofambo .
No, I have never had any amalgam fillings. This has been going on in my life for almost 10 years. Believe me when I said I've considered all of the usual easy fixes people tell you...drink more water, take a multivitamin, get more sleep, take epsom salt baths, eat only raw food, drink green tea, get amalgam fillings removed (never had them, so didn't do this obv)...none of this practical wisdom has helped, and I'm honestly a bit sick of people shoving them in my face like miracle fixes.
I have had these symptoms for 2 weeks, too early on in the investigation to make an assertion for myself, but I was made aware that labrynthitis can account for many of the features you describe.

My own experience is that rest (12h sleep if possible) and cardio exercise can relieve symptoms, but alcohol and stress exacerbate them. It is very disturbing but I think these conditions are not life threatening so let's be positive.

Good luck guys.
I can sympathize with your pain. I have degenerative disc disease in my spine with stenosis. I was also in a near fatal auto accident in 1996. I severely sprained my entire spine. My disc's deteriorated to the point that you could hear my vertebra rubbing together when I walked. I found an amazing surgeon who fused 3 LS vert with bone shaved from my hip. He also implanted a bone stimulator. This was removed several years later when I developed bone spurs, not related, and could not do an MRI with the stimulator in.I was ok for awhile until the rest of my LS vertebra deteriorated. After epidurals did not work my last option. He again wrapped my spinal column with bone from my hip and bolted in a titanium plate to hold it all together. I have not had any pain in my back since the surgery in 2006. He is the only surgeon that I will allow to touch my back. Good luck.
Holy crap, I can't believe this thread is still going on...I have to major reading to do.  
It turned out that my symptoms are due to a benign bone tumor in my skull that was undiagnosed/under diagnosed until I kept seeing more and more doctors.   I have learned that sometimes doctors will ignore findings that would both require extreme treatment to do anything about, and if left alone will not do any harm to someone (except the emotional harm of dealing with chronic symptoms), I'm talking about death or a progressive condition of some sort.
Also, the "dream like state" that I described in my post 6 years ago....is much much much worse these days.   The pressure in my head isn't really any worse, but I'm constantly living a nightmare of "depersonalization" and "derealization"
So, have you figures out what is going on with the departmentalization? Personally I think a lot of what is wrong with a lot of people is environmental. Toxins can cause a host of symptoms and since the medical profession only treat symptoms there is no incentive to find out what is really going on. The more symptoms the more power doctors and the big pharmasuitical companies have.
We are still releasing tons of toxins into the environment ever day and to think that they do not have an adverse effect on the human race is absurd.  I think is is kind of ironic, we sacrifice our health, the health of our children and our children s children for what? Which one of your presidents declared war on cancer? I think it was Reagan? Like trying to put a fire out with gasoline. The funny thing it is not funny.
I deveveloped a bump on my temple when I was in 3rd grade And it never went away I suffer from depppression and everyday anxiety I am 17 now but  i was never a child My brain developed to quickly due to parents divorce and being a parent for my achoolic mom and then having being mentaly abused by my manic biporar DAD. o WAS THE adult in the realationship but I was miserbal myself  being torn apart by having to pick who I wanted to live with. i now can hardly handle myself school is my only escape i make all A's and b'S But I usually miss on Average 29 days a year due to my Anxiety making me sick. My mental illnesses effect me mentally and phisically. so all I can tell you guys due to my chuldhood It gets harder every day to try and control my emotions and still have Hope I will get better. fact window of oppertunity for learning to control emotions is o-3. So what AACP has been missing this whole time is ; A good begin can last a lifetime but so can a bad one
hi dgalal2001,

I absolutely agree! Doctors should always consider toxins when treating any chronic desease (especially brain fog, migraine, headache, depression). They should, but they do not.

Moreover, I believe that amalgam fillings are by far the largest source for toxins in our bodies. Many people get sick after a removal of amalgam fillings without adequate protection.

Even those who have never had amalgam fillings might suffer from a severe mercury poisoning (like MS...), if her/his mother had amalgam fillings (the mercury migrates into the placenta and poisons the fetus).

If you have been suffering from a chronic disease for a long time, and doctors cannot find out the cause, then you should try a detoxification therapy (detox mercury, after amalgam removal).

Good recovery for everybody!
Baminofambo

I'm 25 and while all the times I've ever been sick which is about twice a year. I've never lost my since of taste and smell until recently when I became sick and it was like no other. I was waking up every morning with a splitting headache and couldn't taste or smell anything. The headaches felt like there was an excessive amount of pressure in my head and it was squeezing my brain and pushing outward on my skull. After a week I had had enough and decided to call my mom about this cause shes pretty knowledgeable about sickness and remedies. For the splitting headache and she told me to take 800mg of Ibuprofen which was 4 pills and I asked are you serious? and she said that was a prescription dosage. So I did and YES! no more ridiculous headaches. But my since of taste and smell were still at large. so after about 2 more weeks of that I decided to go to the minute clinic at CVS Pharmacy and the doctor there concluded I had a sinus infection and prescribed me 20 pills of Amoxicillin 875MG to take twice daily and within a couple days I got my since of smell and taste back. And no more splitting pressure headaches either so no more ibuprofen. Yay.
ive had headaches since april 2009. my headaches i have them 24/7.sometimes as ive told doctors what happens it seems that theres water running over my eyes when that starts i have to stop driving an what ever im doing thats when my migraine starts.ive told this to numerous doctors an they thing im full of it.this all started when i was driving to take trash to a land fill with a tractor trailer.i got stuck in mud and i asked the dozer operator for a push and boy o boy did he give me one. it was hard enough to knock me out for over20 seconds.i tried to stop but one of the other drivers saw what had happened he jumped out of his truck an into mine and turned the key off.i told the boss of the land fill he just shrugged his shoulders as if nothing had happened. i called my boss on the nextel about it and he said to bring the truck home.from the landfill was 135 miles one way.i got back about 6 hours coming back my dispatcher tryed to ream i new butt hole.i wrote down on paper and gave it to the other dispatcher he called the medical ctr the company usesand they said to come over the one dispatcher personally drove me over as my head was splitting i was up chucking so bad.i did that as i was going into the medical ctr.the doctor was really upset i thru up in his office.my dispatcher said to him i am the one who was knocked out he immediately took me into an examining room.with a bucket as i was throwing up so mush.the doctor had given me some medicine which didnt work at all.ive been taking excidrin by the hand fulls also whatever else i could try.ive been to numerous doctors neuros ive had ct scans mri.with an without contrast.ive tried bio feed back an to no stopping those headaches.my whole head hurts. i think the docs think im there cfor a fix yeah im there for you to fix my head once and for all
I think i have the same symptoms. I havent been to the Dr yet though since i thought it was just my usual migraine headaches. But recently its getting too frequent and is taking too much of my time. I usually just end up laying around. Every morning i wake up with one of my noses feeling dry and clogged, and my head hurts like there's water inside shifting as i move. Also my eyes, and forehead. I cant go outside w/o eyeglasses too, otherwise i'd end up with worsened headache. Whoever said it feels like a bad hangover, thats how exactly i feel, but everyday! And tylenol doesnt help anymore, i have to take excedrin 2 tabs almost everyday. :(
I think i have the same symptoms. I havent been to the Dr yet though since i thought it was just my usual migraine headaches. But recently its getting too frequent and is taking too much of my time. I usually just end up laying around. Every morning i wake up with one of my noses feeling dry and clogged, and my head hurts like there's water inside shifting as i move. Also my eyes, and forehead. I cant go outside w/o eyeglasses too, otherwise i'd end up with worsened headache. Whoever said it feels like a bad hangover, thats how exactly i feel, but everyday! And tylenol doesnt help anymore, i have to take excedrin 2 tabs almost everyday. And im also hving coginitive changes, i feel like i'm losing my "sharpness". Also tired everyday, like no energy , no appetite... Everybody thinks its just the regular headache and im just being to whiny. :(
Research Cluster Headaches
I have the same thing, I'm also 20 but I've had this since 7th grade. After 3 seizures and progressive pain the doctors finally decided to take it seriously (they previously attributed it to hormones, stress, and eventually I think they thought I was just making it up/exaggerating).  I had an EKG done and everything was fine. The neurologist prescribed me Nortriptyline. It was working wonders for the first 3 months. My headaches are now back- I currently have an awful one. My head feels so swollen that the indents were my temples are have disappeared.  So 2 weeks ago I would have recommended Nortriptyline but now I'm not sure. Anyone else have suggestions?

FYI- I also suffer from anxiety but also depression. I take 40 g Celexa daily.
I kinda know the feeling 28 years ago the same thing happened to me.  The doctors thought I just wanted pain meds.  20 years later at a normal check up, I was telling the doctor about this pain I was having and he blurted out Neuralgia.  Never heard of it before, but now that I have options during the attacks, I can deal with it.  It does include taking a anti-depressent and pain medication to get through the rough times.  
I have, just recently, been experiencing pressure in the front of my head, headaches- increasing with exercise, weird feeling in neck that I can't explain, fatigue beyond measure-sleeping for 12 hours and wanting more sleep, and constipation. Bending over after moving around causes severe pressure and sometimes headaches
I have just read your message and wondered if you have looked at Irlens Syndrome? For years I've wondered why I get so tired, find simple things hard work, sometimes have difficulty reading as I can't concentrate. Yet I'm healthy, fit and well.

If you've not looked into this, go onto the irlens.com website and take a look at the symptoms.

Irlens is really easy to manage.
Hello. I have had ongoing symptoms for over a year. I am ready to donate my body to science and call it a day!  Started with odd illnesses like pneumonia ans scarlet fever and utis all in a matter of a few months. Then crushing pain in head. Then facial paralysis. Onesided. Horrible piercing pain behind eye. Ear pain pressure. Cannot equalize pressure in right ear still. Headache pressure located right side behind eye and temple region. Muscle. Weakness right side. Not bad.  Facial muscles still not healed. Eye has ptosis in morning. Better by night time. Neck has horrible muscle fatigue. Stiff necks and constant pain. Right side again. Mris and cat scans normal.  Pain pressure much worse when lyong down esp lying on my side.  Either side.  Any comments questions.  From desperate in nh!!
I have been having pressure in my head for 5 years now and it is annoying, but it seldom hurts. If I apply pressure to my head with my 2 hands, the pressure disappears for the time being and comes right back when I release my hands from my head. This pressure I can also feel in my eyes and my ears feels plugged up at times. I have been to several doctors and my test comes out negative for finding a fault. I won't stop until I find a doctor that can  help me with this pressure in my head. There has got to be a reason why so many people have this condition. Let's keep the faith that God will point us in the right direction for healing.
I have the very exact symptoms. My head feels like it is in a vice grip sometimes. I also feel like I was punch in the top of my nose. When I drive I get moments where I do t feel in control. This is on going for me. Did you figure of what these things mean? Please let me know. I don't have health insurance so I suffer. Heather T.
Yes Im sufferinf from the same thing I cant get rid of my head ahes and have a lot of pressure im suferring every day . im in my 30s I have been told I tmj but dont   know any more My head aches will not go away in in pain  with my head eyes jaw face neck  sholders and head alot  I dont know what to do . Where do u liveHeather Do u live in Nc If so I  had to go to Babtise  Hos  and have to see see a head  ache spec. That might be the bst thing to do Get a Refferle from your Dr to see one   I aso feel like I have been puched in the nose the face ect. Its driving me crazy Im offten in tears.   Heather t68 Go to the Hos first of all to get every thing checked out and stuff. u dont have jaw pain do u? well I just thought I would put that in there and I hope this  helps u out . can some one tell me what it mignht be other than tmj
can any one help me with my cronic head aches that I have around my eyes jaw  and the side of  my head and alot of Pressure its been going on for really a year please herlp me please
But I had a break for about two half months then it came back it has been going on for two months now  cant get rid of it
have you looked at Lyme?
I to have been suffering from pressure headaches for the past year an a half. Ive had numbers of test am startin to feel like a lab rat. Doc doesnt have a clue what the problem is and i feel like they r startin to doubt me. Feels like im walkin around in a dream like trance. Feels like all the blood is rushing to my brain. Sometimes i have trouble with speech as well and memory too. If any one has any clues to what this is please share.
There are several excellent remedies for the multiple symptoms given on this forum.  I would like to add a couple of things that I did not see mentioned.  The first is going to see a naturopathic physician. This is an MD that also specializes in homeopathic or natural medicine such as those derived from nature.  Also, have your HAIR tested - many of the symptoms could be caused by a vitamin or mineral deficiency.  Lack of magnesium, zinc, iron, or other trace metals or minerals can cause brain fog.  Another suggestion is to visit a DENTIST.  Headaches can be caused by misalignment of the jaw, clenching teeth or grinding teeh when you sleep, or impacted teeth.  Some people actually have more than the standard 2 sets of teeth, and these extra teeth could be the culprits.  Lastly, check to see if all of your symptoms are part of a SYNDROME - I have a child with Velo-Cardio-Facial Syndrome (VCFS) which has over 100 symptoms associated with it. There are specialists who deal with these syndromes and they may offer help where neurologists, psychiatrists, and immunologists can't.
Hi, I just read your post. You posted a while ago, and I'm wondering if you are better. I was just online on the Mayo Clinic site--looking for answeres to my continual head pressure--and I saw a post from a woman who went there because of her severe headaches. She was eventually diagnosed with hemicrania continua. it is rare, but treatable with medication. Perhaps you could research that condition. I pray that you are feeling better. You are too young to have this pain. My son suffers from ocular migraines, but has not gotten one since he was placed on Inderal. Take care.
Ive had this for about 4 years now. Each doctor has not taken it seriously neither family. No one in day to day life seem to understand the concept. A constant heavy pressure, that feels like its coming through your ears. Dizzy moments which are more rare, but a lack of focus is also constant.
I had an interview recently and literally felt like I was watching a face, or a person in a different dimension altogether, and this happens at work a lot too. You seem to learn to live with it and thank god I got the promotion,  but one part of my review was "seemed like I may have not been getting to the point at time". Luckily I can be very efficient when not in a moment of shear confusion, pressure and being on a 'different planet'.

There is no real pattern either, the pressure can be equally as bad sitting, sat or lying down...in fact getting to sleep also becomes a problem at times.
No other symptoms of a blocked nose ect though.

"dream like trance" is a perfect way to describe life...and speech and memory definitely feels like its affecting my relatiinship with my girlfriend and with family. I guess another by product is it really makes you an outsider. By medical staff, family, relationships of all sorts. But I know its not depression as the pressure came before any negative effects. And thats why I still know I'm absolutely fine in myself, beacuse I can see it from that perspective. Hope we all get it sorted, good luck
i have same symptoms like head pressure,problem concentrate,speech and memore, i been feeling like this off and on for 4 years .i am taken amitriptyline for like a year now,first 6 months i was perfect I wasn't in the pain at all and they also help me sleep at night and next 6 months some pressure came back,but it still is not so bad.I also tried feverfew(this stuff works great),butterbur,magnesium .I try to be outside more,fresh air helps a lot and try to eat a little healthier and green smoothie very good for you.Try not to worry and stress out as much about how you feel ,anxiety can give you head pressure to.
This all describes me spot on. Mine only started a few mornings ago but my here are my symptoms: i have a lot of pressure a little to the left of my forehead and its very scary. It also hurts to look to my left also. I hope we can find a cure to this horrible feeling
I believe I'm going thru the same thing as u.    I'm going to talk to my doctor and put my foot down.  I'm a nurse which makes me more flustrated. I believe these symptoms are caused by intracranial hypertension.   Look it up on your computer and tell me what u think

Thanks, senaka
I kind of got over the flu,three days ago.well last Thursday I started with the flu.head dizzy,fever of 103 cold chills one minute next minute I'm hot body aching,sweat,head hurting,I was completely miserable.well three days a go I started feeling better but I had this hurting pain in my forhead,it felt so tight the feeling was so strange I felt sick to my stomach.now I still feel the tight feeling in my fathead with alittle pain do you have any idea what it could be????please help I'm so stressed out!! :-(
By any chance did anybody have a history of  anxiety, panick attack and or anxiety attacks?
has anyone found a cure??
I have had the same syptoms for about ayr and its gradually getting worse..heartbeat n head but no pain,dizzy,tired,feeling..its brutal..ive had mri,ct scan,blood test and all came back normal..the only thing that works is lots of alcohol..please help??
My symptoms include:
-dizziness(asif the rooms moving)
-very tired
-pressure/burning in my head
-severe pain in my head, neck and legs
-blocked ears and nose
I am 19.I have recently been referred to a neurologist and will have my first mri on the 18th. I have been suffering with these symptoms plus others for 4months now, my gp signed me off work so I am currently on the sick. I have passed out and been sick which is the main reason I went to my gp but he seemed more worried about the pressure or severe pain in my head. Sometimes I get a feeling like I'm in my own world and things around me are a blurr. Does anyone have any idea/advice on what might be wrong?
Hello everyone,

I am glad to see that other people are having the same problem that I have been having since March 24th, 2012.  There was a moment, a clear defined switch that occured on that day where I had my first panic attack ever.  After that moment, I have had panic attacks, dream-like-state all day, night terrors, hyper sensitive to sounds, tunnel  vision, heart palpitations, derealization, forgetfulness, memory blanks, speech difficulty, feeling like I am talking to people but I am not really there.  The unsettled feeling that I might go into a coma if I relax too much when going to sleep.  When I wake up in the morning, I tend to feel fine. As the day progresses, I start to feel off again and very tired.

I am now 22 going on 23 and this has been happening for a little over a year.  I have had an MRI, countless blood work, and EKG's.  All showing normal.

The first 5 months were horrible.  I felt like I was going crazy.  Now, I have not had a panic attack in 8 months and I have a pretty good grip on things.  The best thing to do is just accept what is happening and get used to it.

Exercise has helped.  Alcohol seems to make me feel "normal" again but I get wary of this because my father was an alcoholic.  Advil helps when going to sleep. Sometimes when the weather is cool I can feel a "cracking"/poping sound in my head and I feel great!  I know there is some hope for the future. Time heals all wounds.  I have had a sinus infection since before this occurred and it never really went away. My sense of smell is barely there.  On those off days though when I can smell the fresh air and the flowers I feel great!

I believe this is definitely sinus related and potentially vitamin related.  Did any of you get your vitamin D levels checked? I was at 19 (VERY LOW).  Now I am taking vitamin D3 supplements at the 2,000 UI's a day level and I already feel a little better.
Hit the nail right on the head! The masses of SOCIETY IS effectively BEING ROBBED OF it's MENTAL RESOURCES, and TOXINS ARE one of THE PRIMARY REASONs for IT and SHOULDN'T BE OVERLOOKED. I like to believe that EVERYTHING YOU FEEL IS SUBJECT TO WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR SYSTEM and a number of external factors. GO ORGANIC.
I'm 17 years old and i eat a decent diet, i'm what would seem healthy i do a few hours exercise each week, always had a normal social life, previously suffered with anxiety which the doctor prescribed a tablet for reducing my blood pressure in attempts to stop the flaring of my heart rate when it started. I overcame the anxiety without the tablets as they gave me horrific dreams which left me refusing to sleep until i experienced sleep paralysis (which may i add both times was awful). I rarely experience panic to the same level as i did before but i have been referred to a counselor to speak about how to deal with my mood dives, which is what me and my doctor are calling how i see no point to the repetitiveness of life and its bores.

i suffer similar headaches to first described, i just feel throbbing pressure behind my forehead and sometimes its like the same pressure expands around to my temples. Difference is it usually only lasts for a period of 15 minutes but i have about 4 a day minimum.

I also suffer from pins and needles, tingling and limbs going dead like there is no blood getting to them for no normal reason i could be standing sitting or laying and its numb and takes minutes to recover.

I stuffer from clouded thoughts, not quite memory loss just vicious forgetfulness, lack of concentration which makes working very difficult im currently working 46 hours a week business administration. Which makes my forgetfulness and lack of concentration exceptionally difficult to deal with.

My eyesight falters repetitively, my left eye almost feels fuzzy but i have come out of all my previous eye tests with described as perfect vision, but falters throughout the day. I struggle to read very often as my eyes struggle not only to focus but to place items sometimes sure if its my eyes or my brain displacing whatever i try to concentrate on.

I have aches pains in joints but more often muscles, my lower back was aching horribly but more recently taken over by my legs.

Fatigue growing (maybe im just a teenager) but its more of a drained feeling all of the time, when im out, when at work and i know it could be part of my depression but i dont suffer from being a complete grouch i just suffer with life motivation (most days) i wish my bed would eat me i dont even want to be asleep i just want to lay.

My neck strains itself throughout the day i can feel the tension constantly and have done for over a few months, my jaw has been locking for about 4 months.

the second a stressful situation arises i either find a pressuring headache and complete clouded vision i dont know what to do where to look i usually cant speak and sounds the light all have to go, my workplace think im mad because the moment it hits i find my head in my hands pushing my ears with all the force i posses trying to block everything out and squish my head back in. i dont like admitting it to people but i cry alot, i sometimes feels like a relsease sometimes it feels the opposite, but i dont know what to do with this pain and confusion all the time.

i never know how to describe being dizzy sometimes in a dreamlike state its just not everything feels real and i sometimes almost act out as if it was a dream, my head nearly always feeling like theres an air bubble or draft around it like im swaying and with my p*ssing eyes most of the time i feel i stumble just making normal trips.

I dont know what could cause all these things maybe theyre unrelated maybe im just a nutcase maybe im on the verge of a breakdown. but i know whatevers causing me pain and confusion isnt killing me so im just existing with it constantly days are blurring together and it all feels more pointless
Just just wanted to add my 2 cents here and own experience.

Firstly I see people mentioning ME/CFS, mercury poisoning, Lyme, Viruses. Fact is all these things can result in overlapping/similar symptoms, working out what applies to any given individual can be difficult but is also up to them, at some point you have to come to terms with what is going on then start reading endlessly and looking at your opinions.

I have had head, ear and jaw pressure for over 10 years now, including ME/CFS for over 13, after burning myself into the ground working, over exercising compensating for underlying stress. It took me about 8 years to realise how much of an issue my jaw and mild to moderate TMJ was causing me, so I am 11 months into Damon Braces and getting a horrendous crossbite fixed. Then I learnt several months ago I am also homozygous (mthfr mutations) which likely explains most of my symptoms over the years, it is even apparently linked to TMJ. So B12 now, methylfolate, Vit D, B complex to treat to the mutation and within weeks it was like someone scrubbed my brain clean and less pressure. It can still be a struggle but good ground is being made, it can take 12 or more months to fix the methylation cycle and juggle the B12 and methylfolate correctly.

Hypnosis has also helped me quite a bit over the past 12 months, I tried it to see if it could help my jaw. It has not fixed many issues but has taught me how to relax much more and deal with symptoms better when they crop up. If you are in a real struggle day to day it is worth looking into and giving a real go to potentially reduce symptoms and stress, just check its use for performing operations without anaesthetic.

For some who develop some of the mentioned symptoms throughout this discussion mthfr and methylation issues could be likely. Extensive gene test is only $99 these days through 23andme too, so it is something easy to check, could be some peoples answer.  
Has anyone found a solution to this? I've been suffering for almost 1 year now and I can't take it anymore...Citizen T described perfectly what I'm going through!! Please help
Dear Doctor,
I've had neck swelling for 2 years and the back of my head went numb from loss of blood flow and I was disfigured and lost my sight from Bell's Palsy.  I began taking rocephin+gentamicin+clarithromycin and for 8 days I had neck pain and the swelling went down some.  I am waiting for a Lyme Elisa test and have been disabled from brain fog and central apnea, PLMD seizures, hypnic jerks.  
what kind of infection do I have?  Thanks so much
I just pecked away for an hour an a half laying the ground work of a lifetime of uncontrollable. Hypertension, life threatening Pulmonary Embolism, a heart attack followed within a month by three strokes that created 100% memory loss for me and put me in a wheelchair for two years and I got out through shear determination and hard work. During the early years of heart Desease I devolved Parkinson's Desease and Rheumatoid   Arthritis. I was just getting to the comparison where I complained to my Doctor that I felt aware of my brain and it felt like it was floating around in my head touching my skull in my temples and in the top of my head and it only did this when I get up and walk around. I also become very dizzy and sometime a little nauseous.
But the mist miserable I have ever been is in late évening and sometimes into early morning when I fall asleep for a couple of hours or longer and then wake up I am in such pain I can almost not tolerate it..I feel like thousands of pins are sticking me in my forearms, back, waist, buttocks, and legs down to the tops and bottoms of my feet. It is a sickening pain that makes me angry at myself and the world. The dizziness is getting worse and I have no stamina or endurance. Can someone help me ?
I can empathise with all these symptoms as I seem to have most of them (or a variation of them) and have had for the past 5/6 years.  My doctor has quite literally told me he can't do anything.  These symptoms have gradually become worse over the last six months, he has put most of these down to arthritis in my neck/head and a drop of 30 degrees in blood pressure when I stand up.  I quite literally feel like I am going mad.  I've been prescribed Nortriptyline (which in itself can cause some of the symptoms), Amitriptyline (which cause hallucinations).  None ease the lightheadness, nausea, out-of-control/dying feeling.  Surely there are some specialists out there that can help? Here is a list of my symptoms which occur all day everyday!
Headache, front of skull, top of skull, temples.
A constant crushing sensation in the skull, like it's going to explode.
Stabs of pain all round the skull.
Cracking noise and a flash of bright lights when trying to go to sleep, in my head, between my ears.
Feeling as though walking on a spongy surface, floor coming up to meet me and the walls moving around.
Feeling as though on a fairground ride, going up and down, causing nausea.
About to feint all the time.
Palpitations constantly, but can't have any more Propanalol because it causes my blood pressure to drop even more.
Pounding in the ears.  Can't stand high-pitched noises or bright lights of any kind.
Pins and needles in hands and feet.
And here's a funny one - can't sit on the toilet without feeling as though I'm falling down it and my body keeps readjusting - crazy I know.
Any ideas anyone!
Do you have brain fog?
I am 22 years old and have been experiencing this pressure in my forehead for 6months now all day everyday I too have had blood work and scans done, during the second month I had gotten extremely sick every morning and all symptoms would go away in the afternoon i had experienced this for about a month and now it is back to just the pressure all day long it now moves to my back teeth to my forehead I am on nortriptyline and I take magnesium I also have been on a homeopathic cleanse although I'm not a 100/   I HAVE BEEN FEELING  BETTER
Id also like to say this all started with a huge panick attack, also if anyone does comment please include what if any drugs you were taking ex: weed,coke. I smoked weed for three years heavily and I had to stop it brings on the pressure in the most intense way
Hey, did you ever get an answer? The same thing happened to my ex, she's still going through it. She had pot brownies and was taken to the hospital because she was having panic attacks. It's been almost a year and a half and she still has this pressure/twisting sensation in her head and nothing seems to help. Steroid shots don't do anything and her doctors tell her that its all in her head, but she cries out in pain everyday. You cannot fake something like that. We cannot find any answers and she's getting frustrated and down
Are any of you still out there? I know the original post was now years ago, but wondering if any of you have since gotten a diagnosis. I have read through almost every comment and have been having these issues for more than a year now, my symptoms are continually getting worse.
-continually popping my ears due to extreme pressure in my head
-neck pressure that feels like my neck is being compressed or someone is squeezing my neck, although I can still breathe.
-extreme dizziness/floaty feeling/constant feeling of spinning, sometimes to the point where I have trouble walking straight and cannot trust myself to drive
-sensitivity to sounds(new in the last couple of months)
-dull headache almost always that I've learned to live with, but at least 4 days per week, a terrible headache that goes align with the dizziness, head, ear, face & neck pressure
I have seen two ENTs who have so far not been able to find anything, had a VNG done to test for inner ear problems(came back fine), allergy testing(all negative), MRI on the bones surrounding my inner ear(normal), shots of Toradol almost weekly now(only improves headache for a short time and then it starts all over). Have tried chiropractic and therapeutic massage with no results. I have an appt with the neurologist next month but just wondering if any of you have gotten answers, as I am experiencing almost all the same symptoms that many of you are. It's almost like the pressure in my head and neck are up because I feel like my head it pulsating and at times, ready to explode because the pressure is SO much. Thank you in advance for any insight!
me, too

Migraine w/aura for 2 weeks.   Sinus Headache also.
No meds help - not even Norco.

Maybe future change of weather.
Hey there!
My name is Ofelia and Ive been feeling this constsant pressure in my head too, for the past four weeks.
I was wondering if your neurologist ever came up with a diagnosis or if you just recovered naturally?
Thanks so much!
Ok so I thought I was going crazy and the drs made me feel that way too. The gave me meds for allergies sinus and antibiotics. Nothing is working and the symptoms always move.  Every day its different. It started with 5 very small whaiye bumps on my throaght and then turned into my ears and head feeling like they are about to explode.  It's like I can feel and hear air moving in my head. I've been going to chiropractor.  Twice so far and he said he could fix me that it was pinched nerves cause of my neck hurting me so bad about 6 months ago.  What have u found out ?
So my head and ears an e NOT going to explode?  What a relief  because I honestly thought I was gonna have an aneurysm or head exsposion.
let me know if u hear of anything that helps. My symptoms are identical.  No one believes me.    They test me like I'm making this stuff up. It's hurts so bad at times.  I feel like any moment I'm going to die
I have had similair symptoms as you, brett88. For the past 6 mths. It began with a strange feeling of lightheadedness, yet not lightheaded, not dizzy. Almost a floating feeling. My hands and feet felt strange, sometimes a slight tingle or a weak heavy feeling. An all over foggy feeling. My ability to make or hold a conversation is slim to none. Very little emotion. My head feels full, my ears too especially upon standing. A very loud wooshing sound as well as loss of hearing during these episodes. This just stinks. I dont know how to explain it to anyone.
Hi I am feeling the same thing at this time have u found out what it is...I have been for many test...still nothing gets worst when I hold my head back
i had the cold i think for a week. i finally got better. but now every morning i wake up and with this pain on my forehead. right above my eyebrows and in the middle of of my forehead. it eventually goes away over time. but then its starts all over again the next morning. what the hell is this.i cant stand this pain anymore
Have you been tested for PoTS, read up about it and then there is a doctor in the States, New York, who can help you, his name is Dr Eric Kaplan, he is very different from any other doctor I know, and definitely can help, he helped me to diagnos my condition which is the same as most people have on this site, heavy feeling at the top of the head with head aches, dizziness and dehydration and bad concentration, plus a load of other ****. I've had it for years.if kapan can't help, he will put you in contact with someone that can.
Did you check your thyroid hormone level?. I was diagnosed with high tsh level, I had panic attacks like stiffness of head muscle tightness of nose eyes pulled ear ringing, extremely sensitive to sounds or noise heart palpitations but all these were related to low hormone level. I am on levothyroxine 125 mcg that helped a lot. I quit it for 1 month after 2 years and I ve the same trauma.Dr advised never quit its for life.
https://nei.nih.gov/health/iih/intracranial