Atypical Migraine??
Hi, I posted under eye care a few days ago. My symptoms started 5 or 6 days ago. I have been extremely dizzy, and feel as though my head is 'pulsing'. My eyesight 'quivers' as well-don't know what is causing it. Went to eye doc, said eyes looked good, and had CT scan done-all normal. I was feeling nauseated for a few days. He is sending me for a neuro consult next week just to be safe. He thinks it's an atypical migraine. Could an atypical migraine be lasting this long? Sometimes there's no pain, just dizziness, and extreme fatigue. No fever.
I have no significant health problems, I am 20 y.o female, normal weight etc.
Hi.

It is possible that your symptoms are related to a migraine headache, as evidenced by "pulsing" headache, visual symptoms and nausea. It is atypical in nature in that migraines usually last up to 72 hours while your symptoms have been going on for more than 5 days, which is more typical of tension-type headaches.

You should consult a neurologist to assess your symptoms and advise you on how to manage them.

Good luck.
I too was diagnosed with atypical migraine, but I had severe vertigo for a year and a half.It resolved on it's own, although I am still dizzy sometimes, and still have left side of face prickly feeling. I also have a pontine cappilary telangeictasia, and I personally think that is why I was diizzy for so long.Sometimes I think a diagnosis of atypical migraine is when they don't know what to do with us.Neurology can be such a complex problem, with so many overlapping symptoms.I also have a neurofibroma in my spine, and think thats why I had weekness in my legs.