Autonomic Vascular Disorder
I have been doctoring for months for symptoms of unexplained swelling in extremities, soreness of muscles and joints, unexplained chest radiation pain, and shortness of breath with fatigue.  And yes I am overweight, but have not changed my activity levels on purpose but because of these symptoms which I think have brought on the weight gain.  I have had many heart tests, even a angiogram.  I have normal BP and Cholesterol and do not have lymphodema or carpel tunnel.  I do have degenerative vertebrae in my neck that I thought was maybe the cause but the orthopedic doctor thought is was a Vascular disorder and prescribed prednisone for a 2 week trial and even though I caught a terrible bronchial flu I didn't feel that bad and had more energy than I had in ages.  The heavy aching feeling in my shoulders and arms were also gone.  Is this what he thinks I have and what treatments are there?
Steroids are the treatment when you have these unexplained symptoms. If you are ok now then you should start cutting down your weight and increase the muscle strength in the back so that you have support to the vertebra. You are advised to follow proper ergonomics and not to flare up your back.
The spinal nerves from the back are supplied to your upper limbs and lower limbs and if you have any spinal problem you will surely have these symptoms in the limbs supplied by the concerned nerves.
Take care!