Neurology Community
B 12 Shots

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

B 12 Shots

What does B 12 shots have to do with red Blood cells, sense I am tired all the time.
I have had Two  B 12 shots
once a month so Far.
Doe the B 12 shots help you lose weight!

This discussion is related to VITAMIN B12 SHOTS.
Hi. .  What are getting the b12 shots for? do you know what is causing your B12 deficiency? i am also getting those shots( they hurt, Dont they?)I am getting them once a mth and I find that it takes 4 or 5 days for them to kick in. As the mths go by you will feel better and better. im finally starting to feel the benefit. If you go to goggle and look up B12 deficiency you will find all you need to know. good luck.
Hello!
Something to do with red blood cells the doc said.
I get them in the arm not in the bun! Not so bad!
I should of asked more Questions.This is my second shot.
I was told  the test came and I needed B12 Sots.
I am really always tired.
Some one also said it helps You loose weight!
I need more info from Doctor> He is new to me my other Doc
left their practice. Thanks for the info! Suebe1
Hi, deficiency of vitamin B 12 leads to defective synthesis of DNA which causes large sized red blood cells. “Megaloblastic anemia is an anemia (of macrocytic classification) which results from inhibition of DNA synthesis in red blood cell production. It is often due to deficiency of vitamin B12 and/or folic acid. It can be the result of a lack of intrinsic factor (which lack interferes with B12 absorption), causing pernicious anemia, or with other antimetabolites which poison DNA production, such as chemotherapeutic agents.
It is characterized by many large immature and dysfunctional red blood cells (megaloblasts) in the bone marrow, and also by hypersegmented or multisegmented neutrophils”. Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaloblastic_anemia

The B-12 shots should not hurt at all.  I have been taking them since 1986.  Blood tests are normal, but my oesteopath tried them for pain relief 2.5 years after an auto accident.  I give them to myself once per month, 1 cc.  I feel better the next morning and it lasted for only 4 days for the first month ( took them every 5 days)

This relieved my migraines and allowed me to get off pain (Percocet) medication and get rid of my back braces.

I still take the shots once per month or I start to go back into the headache pain cycle.  I give my shots into my stomach now, as I used to use my leg and my stomach has not caused any pain or bruising.  My sister is diabetic and recommended this.  Sounded awful but was great for me.  B-12 injections are used in Wisconsin to help with the joint pain of arthritis.  I was told it creates a protective coating on the nerves???  I don't know but it works for me.  I was given my quality of life back because of them.
Thank You for your  answer,
I am Tired all the time plus other symptoms.
Is their a reason Is it a melabolic condition or is a nerve thing.
Please give me easy language to understand.
Thank you, Suebe1
You emailed me, suebe1 instead of cath278
Thank you for the info.
suebe1
Try again to email cath278