Neurology Community
BACK OF HEAD PAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

BACK OF HEAD PAIN

The back of my head hurts so bad right now I feel sick to my stomach.  It has been hurting for over 2 weeks, but this morning is the worst.  I am going though a lot of stress lately, so I know it is related.  I think I will go see my dr. today.  Pain med does not really help much.  I've never had my head hurt for so long.  I usually never even have a headache of any kind.  I'm scared, and was wondering if you can give me some support....thanks!
I noticed that I was clenching my jaw, and also pushing on the back of my top teeth.  It feels much better in the past few minutes just from catching that I was doing that.

yay!
This sounds very similar to the type of headache I frquently have.

I did a little googling and found that  Occipital Neuralgia seems to be a likely candidate.
Inflamation (inflammation) of the Occipital nerves at the back of the head.
I went to the Dr yesterday.  He asked me to do neck stretches every day and to take IBprofen.......he thinks I have pulled muscles.  (they took my blood to test for infection)

I hope it will go away soon, like I said, the head pain itself is better since I relaxed my jaw.  Now I just have to heal my neck/shoulders.