Neurology Community
BAD PRESSURE IN HEAD

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

BAD PRESSURE IN HEAD

Okay, so on Thursday night i was kind of upset but felt fine all day.  I was crying to my mom and then all of a sudden i got this really extremely painful throbbing in the back of my head and I kept telling my mom something wasn't right and then the pain started to go to the right side of my face.  I started to become like incoherent or like i was drunk.. my parents rushed me to the hospital where my blood pressure was extremely high (i have great blood pressure as I'm 22yrs old).  They stuck an iv in me and i took a bag of fluid in like 10 minutes.  They gave me morphine for the pain.. but the pain was so bad i could still feel it!  I threw up 6 times and I'm not a huge thrower-uper.  They gave me a cat scan and it came back normal.  They said it was probably a stress induced migraine.  HOWEVER, i couldn't get out of bed until 24 hours later and still had pain... i took excedrin and it seemed to help a little but now its 5 days later and i've had really really bad pressure in my head for the past 3 days and ive tried taking advil sinus along with excedrin but it doesnt seem to help - but it feels like an extremely bad bad sinus problem now but i have no runny nose... nothing.  just really bad pressure.. my body aches to move with every step i take but im forcing myself to go to work and move around but i just can't get this pressure to go away!! It's really scaring me.. i feel like my brain is swelling or something.. I can't go a day without taking excedrin.. SOMEONE HELP! i have to wait until Monday 8/25 to follow up with a neurologist!!!