Neurology Community
BELLS PALSY!!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

BELLS PALSY!!!!

IN DEC 2010 I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH BELLS PALSY....WENT AWAY IN 1 MONTH. SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN OK...LATELY THO I FEEL LIKE MY NECK HAS BEEN HAVING SERIOUS MUSCLE SPASM....I WENT TO THE DOCTOR TODAY AND TOLD HIM MY SITUATION...HOW IM SCARED THAT THE BELLS PALSY MIGHT COME BACK....HE GAVE ME A PRESCRIPTION  TO ACYCLOVIR....I LOOKED IT UP AND IT SAYS ITS FOR HERPES... NOW I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD TAKE IT OR NOT....AND I FEEL AS IF MY LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE WHICH HAD THE BELLS PALSY LAST TIME IS FEELING WEAK AGAIN....WHAT SHOULD I DO? AND IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN PREVENT IT FROM COMING BACK AGAIN? AND SHOULD I TAKE THE ACYCLOVIR?????
I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy in 2000, and given the same prescription, but with a lot of research and asked the doctor if it could be trigenimal neuralgia. Turns out I did. However, in 2010, I had what seemed like a stroke, but found out this Monday was MS. I had a second seizure and lost sight in my left eye. No bueno. Don't ever settle for what they tell you. You need to always search and ask questions.
Is there anything I can do? Is there any test for ms? Im 23 yrs old....im not sure what to do now.
TAKE the Acyclovir that HAS been prescribed by your physician.  It is an ANTI-VIRAL.  The Herpes-Zoster virus has been linked to Bell's.

If you have any doubts about what you should do DISCUSS this with the prescribing physician or get a second opinion from ANOTHER physician.  

Someone else's experience may NOT be exactly your situation or apply to you.      

Talk with an ACTUAL physician about this.  I would recommend taking what has been prescribed for you and go from there.  

If the situation is NOT RESOLVING after taking the med, then you may want to look into other options.  

I know but I have looked up MS and seems that I have all the symptoms of MS.... im nervous and dont know what to do now.
MS?  Dear, I would recommend you TAKE the medicine and go from there and avoid googling your symptoms on the internet because you already sound anxious enough.  

Reconsult your physician about your concerns.  Meanwhile, TAKE THE MEDICATION.