Neurology Community
BLACK SPOTS ON BRAIN

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

BLACK SPOTS ON BRAIN

My mother in law had an MRI Scan and it came back showing two black spots what could this mean for her.
Did your mother get the results from her MRI after they were read from a radiologist??? I had a brain mri and I was told that everything came back normal after it was read by a radiologist. If the results say normal, then there is nothing to worry about.
I am 60 yrs old and just had a brain MRI which showed several black spots.  My doctor ordered extra blood work and a spinal tap.  One report showed that I had MS and one showed that I didn't.  He is going to wait another year and do another MRI.  He says he doesn't think I have MS because I have antibodies in my blood work to fight again diseases and he said that I wouldn't if have those antibodies if I had MS.  One of my friends with MS, told me that was wrong.  What do you think?
I have had multipul MRI's on the brain. Played lots of football with lots of concussions. My brain with contrast shows black spots. I was told it was from previous bleeding in the brain and it wasnt anything to worry about.
i was told i had a black dot on my brain when i had an mri i was 17 the doctor told me i had notheing to worrey about but  all these years i have a lot of black outs i get allot of bad head aics its geting to the point of verry bad weakness when they acur i drop to my knees i get weakness in my hands and tingling fillings and nummness in my hands and my breast hurt allot underable pain im lost in whats going on with me i have some loss of memmory i am only 29 what is going on with me please help
A good friend of mine is having many of these symptoms you have described. She has recently been diagnosed with CREST syndrome. I believe it has been going on for years with all the problems she has had. She had to see a Rheumatologist and a neurologist for the diagnosis. You need to get help. Best to you. God bless
My Great-Grandmother was told by an eye doctor several years ago that she had a black spot on her brain that with scans he could see. He said that as it go bigger she would start to lose function of her abilities. She was once a 175-180 lbs woman who maybe weighs 65 pounds now and doesn't open her eyes and is very unresponsive. Was there something that could have been done to prevent this or is this really even possible.