Neurology Community
BURNING ON TOP OF HEAD

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

BURNING ON TOP OF HEAD

I have this piercing burning right on top of my head. When I press on it, it stops. What can this be? Could it be a brain tumor?
Can anyone comment on this sensation I have? Please
I have the same thing.  I have it to some degree nearly everyday.  I also have idiopathic neuropathy, so when I went to see my doctor and mentioned the burning sensation on the top of my head she said that it was more of the tingling sensation that I have all over my body (idiopathic neuropathy) and that it was just more concentrated in this one place instead of moving around like the rest of the neuropathy does.
What do you do for it? I dont have it anywhere but the top of my head. Thanks for replying
I've been taking a supplement that someone told me about called Alpha Lipoic Acid.  Pharmaceutically, your doctor can prescribe Neurontin for this neuropathy.  You might only need a fairly low dose of it, too.
This is purchased in a drugstore? I took the Neurotin but only 3 days because it made me put on weight. I didnt want that.

Thanks for replying
Yes, Neurontin does have a lot of side effects, which is why I also avoid taking it as much as it was described for me.  I use the Alpha Lipoic Acid.  It can be bought at a health store where you buy your vitamins and herbs.  It really helps a lot, even though I still have some symptoms.  But, the symptoms are dramatically improved when I do take it.  Swansonvitamins.com is a great online source of supplements.  They have a great price on the shipping, too.  I usually make fairly large orders in order to make it worth the cost of shipping and order many of my usual supplements from this company.  They have a terrrific return policy, too.  Sometimes they even have free shipping if you order $50.00 or more.  They almost always have a sale of some sort, so it's worth signing up for their newsletters.  I'm finding out, too, that Alpha Lipoic Acid is used for a lot of things, not just peripheral neuropathy.  Anyway, the Alpha Lipoic Acid that I've been using comes in 300 mg doses and can be taken twice a day.  There are some that I've heard of that are 200 mg doses that can be taken three times a day, but I didn't see that one.  Swanson's has it for a pretty reasonable price, too.
Thank you, I am going to try that,. Take care