Neurology Community
Back Pain, Pain in back of upper arm, Finger Twitching

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

About 6 months ago i can down with a flu or some sickness. When I tried to lay down I would cough non stop, so the only way to get some sleep was to sleep sitting up. After a couple of days of sleeping like that, I had a really bad pinched neck. I got it massaged out and i got the stiffness out a couple days later. Since then I have been experiencing pain in my left back shoulder in the back blade area. Feel likes its under the blade at times.

Also in the back of my upper arm in the tricep area I have a constant dull burny pain. It comes and goes but I mostly notice it increases to the point im uncomfortable when sitting in my office chair. It gets really bad when i sit on hard surfaces like plastic or wood seats or park benches.

Lastly the weird thing to top it all off is my fingers twitch uncontrollably and randomly throughout the day. Usually my pointing finger. It lasts only a couple of seconds and then goes away. That will usually happen like once or twice a day. Also, my fingers get stuck at times like when opening a water bottle. Not to the point I cannot move them at all, but its more like they are stuck for a second then thaw out for a couple more seconds and then they are back to normal. I can type without them getting stuck, but it usually only happens when I use my finger with excessive force like opening an object, water bottle, a jar or etc

Oh and one other thing, sometimes when i sneeze It seems like I can feel the nerve or whatever it is from my back, down through my arm till about my elbow. Sometimes into my finger, but usually into my elbow. It odd, I can feel it tighten up and then loosen up within seconds

anyone know what this is and what I can do about it?

I am hesitant to go to a doc due to no health insurance at the moment and I am hoping I can find a home remedy

also, no prior traumas, car accidents or anything other major accident in my history that can be causing this. This literally started after being sick and having to sleep upright. I absolutely could not lay down flat while I was sick because I would cough up a storm, almost till i puked, so i really had no choice but to still like 3 pillows behind my back and try to sleep sitting up right. And again this happened maybe 4 to 6 months ago and its been like this ever since

any help is greatly appreciated