Neurology Community
Back and Leg pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Back and Leg pain

I have lower back pain with painful knots at base of spine and thigh pain with burning between the hip and knee.  There are painful knots all the way down the thigh area that deep rubbing will relieve only temporarily.  The pain returns almost immediately with increased activity.  It is mostly in my right hip and leg but the left side pain is not as severe.  On a level of 1 to 10 the right side is almost always a 10.  Occasionally I get exteme gripping pains in my glute areas on both the left side and right sides.  I have tried exercising but it seem to increase the burning in the legs.  I am 5'1 and weigh approximately 185.  I realize the weight may play a part in this but could there be something else wrong that I should discuss with my doctor?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The cause of pain in the back and  thigh , could be lumbar spine stenosis . The knots that you feel could be contracted muscle fibers due to lack of calcium and improper nerve conduction . Please go for an MRI spine ,EMG and nerve conduction studies . Please consult a neurologist for the diagnosis and treatment . Hope this helps you . Take care and regards !
Thank you for your response.  This web site is a great tool for people to use to gain some insight as to what may be wrong and what things to speak to their doctors about. Thank you again.

nznvp7