Back pain associated with internal problems????
Healthy 53 year old female who was diagnosed with herniated disks in the back due to injuries and have had chronic back pain on and off for over 25 years. However, I have had a different type of back pain for the past month not associated with my previous injuries and I have noticed I have not had regular bowel movements during this time. I have also noticed that my regular pre-menopausal hot flashes have gone away. For most of my adult life I have ALWAYS been extremely hot making my life miserable when most other people are cold, but now I am not experiencing this either. My back ache seems to be just that; a very dull back ache that never subsides. Any idea what this could be especially with these other strange symptoms I am experiencing? I have never had any digestive issues in the past.
Hi there. There seems to be a hormonal imbalance playing role and responsible to this cold intolerance, bowel irregularities and back ache or fatigue. You need to consult an endocrinologist for a clinical evaluation. He would probably want a thyroid assay, CRH, and other hormones related with thermoregulation.  Hope this helps. Takecare.
Thank you for your response. I have a female MD (specializing in hormonal supplements) who has prescribed me estradiol gel which I take daily, 100 mg of prometrium and 10 mg of armour thyroid daily. I have had blood work up the wahoo and it took many months for me to get "regulated" with hormonal therapy. For over 20 years I have complained of being hot, but no Dr I have ever seen (and I have seen dozens) has ever given me any reason whatsoever for being hot. I woke up this morning, my back feels better and I know I feel more "normal" as I went to the gym and was sweating profusely like I always do. It seems this back issue came out of nowhere and left for no reason. I might also point out I live in Sedona, AZ where the energy is extremely overpowering for many people (including myself obviously) and I have to wonder if this is the main reason why I have felt crappy in the year I have lived here. Thanks