Neurology Community
Bad migraines

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Bad migraines

i have been getting very bad migraines for about 3 years now, and its to the point i have to live my life according to my migraines if you know what i mean. i could be fine one minute and the next i have a migraine so bad i cant do anything. even when i don't have a migraine if i were to laugh cough or anything to that matter i can feel the exact same pain and i have to pause for a sec to hope that a migraine wont start. i get them when i was up in the morning or get up from a nap  they happen pretty much at any time of any day and they usually happen about 5 -6 days a week and the pain is all day or at least minimally half a day the worst part is i take like 4 Advil or Tylenol and that does not even take away the pain no medication does i been to the drug store and tried every headache medication and nothing works. i have been to the doctor and they just prescribed me anti depression medication saying that it helps people with migraines i threw the pills out because i don't like taking things with about 20 side effects ranging from vomiting to suicidal thoughts. My question is if anybody may know whats causing it and if there is anything to help with the pain. the headaches are always on the left side of my head at the top front its a constant pain with throbbing and sometimes the pain would shoot down the back of my head past my ear to my neck.