Neurology Community
Band-like sensation around foot with pain/swelling
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Band-like sensation around foot with pain/swelling

My 85 yo mom had a TKR; following AM had no active dorsiflexion.I alerted medical staff who said it was due to swelling and residual effects of epidural.Four days later while making hospital rounds, surgeons associate checked her and was noticeably alarmed when she could not dorsiflex or evert her foot.Her surgeon performed a nerve exploration that day;an hourglass constriction was noted with the peroneal nerve.One month 3 weeks later nerve conduction studies showed considerable damage. She now is experiencing noxious band-like sensation, alot of pain and swelling about her foot, especially through her arch with weightbearing becoming increasingly intolerable.Are these symptoms a result of nerve damage? Or should she have an MRI of her foot. Following surgery the compression boot caused Stage II wound and she developed increased pain in dorsum and arch of foot;Dr. finally DC'd boot.Do the shock like sx's mean positive nerve return,worsening or par for the course.Thanks PTgirl

This discussion is related to fasciculations precede peripheral neuropathy.
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
So what did you find out about the foot pain symptom your mom was having? I've been having a similar pain today. I woke up with this pain like a crushing band around my left foot. It comes and goes like a spasm and has been doing this for more than 12 hours off and on all day.
Blank
I also had TKR and epidural in Public Hospital. Xray and ultrasound showed plantar fasciitis, tendonitis and heel spur. I still suffer with tight band around foot. Burning sensation and pain in foot. This is 7 months after operation. Horrible. No-one has offered me an explanation or help to fix problem.
Blank
I also had TKR and epidural in Public Hospital. Xray and ultrasound showed plantar fasciitis, tendonitis and heel spur. I still suffer with tight band around foot. Burning sensation and pain in foot. This is 7 months after operation. Horrible. No-one has offered me an explanation or help to fix problem.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...