Bell's Palsy linked to Flu shot
What is the obvious link between Bell's Palsy and the Flu shot?
Hi there.

Well, there is no obvious link, but there are theories.  The theory behind this phenomenon and vaccinations is that the vaccines would produce antibodies, and somehow, some person produces antibodies which also attacks the normal cells such as that of the facial nerve which produces this palsy.  This is why the treatment of Bell's is to suppress the immune system (by steroids) to stop the antibody attacks on the nerve cells.

But as I have said, this is still a theory up to now, and it is really very hard to establish a direct causative link.

Regards.
Thanks for your quick reply.  I also had a virus just 5 days prior to the flu shot.  Could this have been the determining factor here?  Maybe my body (otherwise incredibly healthy) could not handle two viruses??
I contracted Bells Palsy just as the fever broke from a near fatal 3 week long West Nile Virus infection in the early summer of 2004. I lost considerable hair, which came back gray/white, now have arthritis in many areas, my nails and cuticles grow in strange patterns, and I seem to be prone to fungal infections other than athletes foot. My energy levels are nothing like before the infection and I have trouble maintaining a normal weight.
The Bells has been largely in remission except when I'm very tired, until receiving a flu shot a couple weeks ago. It is now back, though not as bad as the initial infection. Immediately after receiving the flu shot, my ears were ringing for about 24 hours, and now my arthritis has flared up terribly. I'm 61 years old, am very physically active, eat well, take supplements,etc. I'm convinced the immediate onset of these symptoms is related to the flu shot. Anyone else out there who has had a similar experience, and more importantly, have you found anything to ameliorate the side effects? Thanks. Bob.
Hey Kids,
Bell's Palsy is thought to be the results of INFLAMATION.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_palsy
--Craniofacial nerve = tiny nerve passing through tiny passage behind your ears.
2 things to Try:
* ice (20 minutes per hour) (NO heat!)
*Avoid foods that elevate inflammation - for a couple months (or life)
--all plants/foods from Niteshade family (solanaceae) including: Potato, tomato, Peppers, egg plant...
-- All food products with refined wheat flour.

Just got a Flu shot on Wednesday, full blown Bell's  by Friday night....There has to be a link
do you all mean seasonal flu shot or H1N1???
I now have personally heard that two people in my local area that have developed Bell's Palsy a few days after the H1N1 vaccine!!!
Mine was the seasonal, there giving them again at work this year, everyone wants to know if I'm getting one this year. Not on my life.
I had the new three in one vaccine on Thursday and within 24 hours was noticing symptoms. Saturday morning, full blown bell's palsy! There is definitely a connection.
The first time Bell's presented itself for me was when I was pregnant and got the flu shot because I was in that "high risk" group. It was the first time I had ever received the flu vaccine in my life. I had full facial paralysis with hearing loss within 24 hours of the shot and it lasted 2 months. I had the full on flu for almost 2 weeks!

Fast forward...its been 4 years without a Bell's episode or a flu shot. Got one yesterday and guess what...the Bell's started this morning. I just can't call that coincidence!
My coworker had a flu shot last week and came down with Bell's palsy today.
I got bells like 2 weeks after my flu shot. dont know if that would matter after that long.. I was in negative 30 degree weather the day of also and my stress levels were high because of college. I also have a tendency to have large amounts of earwax. So there are 4 ways I could have gotten it if you dont count a possibility of getting a virus.. Its been a week now with a lot of twitching.

I decided to have flu jab last Friday, at 38 weeks pregnant, since everybody GP, midwife etc.. said that I should since I was at high risk.
Up until then my pregnanc had gone amazingly well.  Fit .. fit .. fit.
After having the flu jab on Friday evening I started feeling a pain in the back of my ear on Sat, buy sunday my taste buds were strange by monday the right hand side of my face was totally paralysed.  I am living a real nightmare at the moment and waiting to give birth.

I truly feel betrayed by the health system as nobody .. nobody mentioned any risks to me.  I was only told that the benefits were greater than any risks involved.

Well I DONT THINK SO.... i have been depressed and taking steroids and so far no sign of recovery.  I cannot believe that they dont make people aware of this.  Do we live in a third world country when it comes to health care ? - i do think so!

I have been estranged from my brother since I was a child, after a divorce, but my mom, and he are still close. I have lectured my mom on the dangers of vaccinations, and she knows not get the flu shot. And she has passed that information on to my brother, who obviously does not respect my opinions, and he in turn has received a flu shot, and afterwards was very sick for weeks, and then woke up one day and said his face was deformed. He went to the doctor, and the doctor said it was Bells Palsy from the virus. The doctor is dead wrong! It was from the flu shot.
I recommend that you if you have taken the shot, do the Stanley Burroughs Master Cleanse right away. You can google the recipe for it. Get those toxins out of your system. The flu vaccination contains monkey kidney and cow pus, and other foreign DNA which is what makes it so dangerous. Why would anyone want to put that into their body? Don't trust your doctors when they tell you to get vaccinated! Do not get your children vaccinated! Where do you think autism comes from???

Bill Gates has said that he they will decrease populations with new vaccinations so that should tell you something.

If you want to keep healthy during flu season, do not take the flu shot! Visit OxySilver.com and try that. Take 3 capfuls 3 x a day with prayer, and you will not get sick or be sick for long! It is literally a holy water! Also drink lots of good water with lemon!

Read  Dr. Leonard Horowitz's work that has been so suppressed.. He is a famous author that has exposed the dangers of vaccinations for a long time. You can get info on http://www.FluScam.com and http://www.medicalveritas.org

I can't believe this is still happening!! I've seen the same thing happen to my room mate a few years ago. Healthy, fit and after the flu shot - BAM! bells palsy!

It is totally linked because what they don't tell you is that they're injecting a virus that's been cultivated in animal cells into you. They include monkey’s kidney cells, rabbit and dog brains, horse blood and chick embryos, just to name a few! -- That alone is weird and gross.

Hope you've recovered since this post and wishing you wellness.
my mum got flu jab 8th dec 2011,got full blown bells palsy on 10th.
defo a link,had to have eye stiched up,through muscle droop.
HINI WHEN SWINE FLU WAS VACCINE WAS ADDED
MY MUM GOT HINI FLU JAB DEC 8TH 2011,GOT FULL BLOWN BELLS
PALSY ON 10TH DEC,DEFFO A LINK
I DISAGREE THAT THERE IS NO LINK
IF A HEALTHY PERSON SHOWS NO SIGNS OF BELLS PALSY
THEN DEVELOPS IT TWO DAYS AFTER THE JAB THERE IS GOT TO BE
A LINK.TO MANY PEOPLE HAVE GOT BELLS PALSY AFTER THE VACCINE.
My husband got bels palsy 2 weeks after his flu shot. Both sides of his face.  Do you still have it?  If so, how long did it take to go away?
NARCOLEPSY. Narcolepsy is the link. Most doctors don't know anything about it, so they won't catch it. Only 25% of people with it ever get diagnosed.

Recurrent "Bells Palsy," memory problems, insomnia symptoms, chronic pain, and twitchy feelings in muscles are actually very characteristic of narcolepsy with cataplexy, and it can be exacerbated by the hormone shifts that happen with menstrual cycles. In fact, often times, people don't have "Bells Palsy," but cataplexy. Viruses and some vaccines (namely the H1N1) can actually precipitate this, but it can happen seemingly in random fashion, too.

Common misdiagnoses are depression, epilepsy, and migraines.

It doesn't look the way you think it looks. I struggled for years to find an answer, and was misdiagnosed several times. I had it with just sleepiness during the day and what looked like insomnia at night for probably about 15-20 years before I ended up with more serious symptoms of narcolepsy that actually included cataplexy (random muscle weakness that can either be isolated, or widespread). Onset is typically in teenage or early adult years but it can come later, and earlier, too.

The cataplexy manifested first in my face, as what looked like episodes of Bells Palsy that came and went when I was tired, stressed, or even when I was happy and smiling.  But when I paid closer attention I realized I got weakness and twitching (not uncommon) in my other muscles sometimes too, though I chalked it up to clumsiness until I paid attention. I also had issues with my vision randomly and sleepiness.

I went undiagnosed for about 15-20 years, until I finally saw a sleep specialist and she nailed the diagnosis right away. The vast majority of doctors have absolutely no idea what it is or what it looks like, and no routine lab tests, MRI, CT scan, x-ray or anything of that nature will detect it. 75% of people with narcolepsy never get diagnosed in their lifetime.

I was tested for epilepsy, migraines, MS, all kinds of things. But nope, it turned out to be narcolepsy!!