Neurology Community
Bells Palsy

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Bells Palsy

I am a 32/f and I've had Bells Palsy 3 times in my life.. I was wondering if there was any link to HPV? Is bells palsy even considered a virus?  I do however want to let everyone know that the last time I had bells palsy was last summer, I started feeling a wierd sensation in my upper lip on the right side. I immediately went to the doctor and they put me on steriods and it did not stop the process it just slowed down the intial outcome. Not only was I scared but it was really painful, when I lost complete function of the right side of my face I called the nuerologist. Then a friend of mine told me to try hot peppers... I hate spicy food but at that point I was willing to try anything. I took a habenero pepper and rubbed it on the right side of my tounge, I could not feel or taste a thing. That night my face started twitching, the next morning I did the hot pepper thing again, and finally started getting some movement back in my face. It's almost like it shocked my nerves back into action.... ANYONE WHO GETS BELLS PALSY PLEASE TRY USING THE HOTTEST PEPPER YOU CAN FIND!!!!!! It worked for me.....
just contracted Bell's after getting a flu shot on Wednesday, I'm going to try the hot pepper thing right now, I'll let you know if it works...