"Benign Fasiculations"
I am a 54 yo dentist in good physical condition. I am a marathoner and weight-lifter.  I have been an athlete all my life. Recently, I developed this twitching and muscle cramping in my quads.  I am under the care of a cardiologist, and he monitors me closely. I had a stress test in July that I passed with flying colors.  My only issue is hypertension.  My MD had me on Diovan325 for about a year and catapres .2mg twice per day.  He has since switched me to Procardia XL and Hygroton 50mg and I still take the catapres bid.  I was examed by a local neurologist and diagnosed with BF.  He called me last week to check on me and suggested that we perform a blood test to check my thyriod.  I am scheduled tomorrow.  Exercise makes it worse to the point that I am afraid to run.  I have even tried acupuncture with transient results. I don't think it is my thyrois as I have no other symptoms of thyroid disease and my TSH was normal in October.  I, however, was feeling fine in October. Any suggestions, comments, options would be extremely helpful.  Thank you,  DrSatch
Hi.

Was the twitching noticed after some running ? It is possible that you were low on some electrolytes. And do you get the cramps and twitching even when you are resting ?

Regards