Bilateral Bell's Palsy - on both sides of the face
One of my nephews was just diagnosed with bilateral bell's palsy on both sides of his face. I've been told that only 1% get the dysphasia on both sides. But this is all I know. I don't really know what it is or what kind of treatment there is. Or if this is something that can be treated and cured.

Am I even in the right forum for this?
Hi there.  Bell’s palsy can be treated with corticosteroids. This is controversial since most patients recover without treatment. The dose would be according to the weight of the child. Recent guidelines suggest using acyclovir though alone it may not yield complete recovery. Eye care is vital in bell’s palsy. The eyes are at risk for drying, corneal abrasions and ulcers. Eye care includes artificial tears during the day and eyeglasses or eye shield. Lubricants can be used during night. Take care.

Thank you Dr. Sharma!  Why would they admit him for this. He just told us he has to stay for 4 days.  Could this just be because he is so young?

Are there other complications that can arise from having it on both sides?