Neurology Community
Bilateral pain below the knees to the feet

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have had an undiagnosed pain in my legs for 6 months now. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Myofascial Pain along TMJ, and I have a bulging disc at L-4, L-5. The pain deels like an intense ache in the feet, almost like it has been beaten with a mallet. The ankles feel like they are healing from a sprain perhaps, very achy and the pain continues up to just below the knee. There is Plantar Fasciitis in at least the right right foot with increased pain in that ankle. The whole calf shin area feels severely achy, cramped, burning and stinging. I requested and received an increase in MS Contin because the pain, as well as my lower back and pelvis, has increased or I  guess I may becoming tolerant to the medication. I have not had an answer as to what this is from a doctor as of yet, that includes my physiatrist, primary care, and an orthopedic physician. I'm really quite perturbed that I cannot name nor change this particular pain. I was wondering if this is likely from the bulging disc or maybe a neuropathy even though I don't quite know what that is. Any thoughts on the question would be greatly appreciated. Also I would like to which kind of doctor would be the best to diagnose and treat this.
Thank you

How are you?
From your post it seems that your symptoms are due to pinched nerve due to bulging of lumbar discs.
I would suggest you to take rest, apply ice packs on the back and take oral antiinflammatories for pain and inflammation.
Have you tried physical therapy?
If not may be you can seek help from a rehab specialist. These could also be due to peripheral neuropathy. Please ge your blood sugar test done and take B complex supplements and see if it improves your condition.
Thank you so much for your response. I actually was being treated , only 4 sessions, with electode stim, heat, and chiropractic but because of my lack of income, I had to discontinue the treatment. In the two weeks I had shown better mobility but increased pain. I seem intolerant to ice treatment, I have 'burnt' my nerves before by using ice. Even after shortening the application. My body responds better to moist heat.

I can't take antiinflammatories of any kind, including the new and improved pharmaceuticals because of a quick gastritis to stomach ulceration response. I am being treated with just the 2 narcotic analgesics. I recently visited an endochrinologist, my blood tests have been showing complete nomalcy including blood sugar. I do believe that I still have low blood sugar, I did as a child and young adult, but that it would only show up with a fasting blood test. I still show low blood sugar symptoms, weakness, shaking, dizziness, and irritability if I go to too long without eating(5 hrs or so). I also have dizzy spells that are relieved with salt intake.

I eat pretty healthy but I will go ahead and start a B-vitamin schedule after I collect the 24 hr urine sample to take to the endochrinologist this Friday. If I have peripheral neuropathy, what would some other symptoms be?

I am seriously considering disability and with my lack of income and history of difficulty working enough to support myself, it shouldn't be difficult. I have yet to get a response from a lawyer I was referred to by a coworker who is on disability now, I need to find someone else perhaps. At that point I would be able to recieve the therapy for my back that I need. My brother has degenerative disc disease and Fibromyalgia and is 100% disabled and receives military disability pay.