Black band on my optic nerve on MRI, and whtie spots behind my ears. What are they?
H89
I had a MRI done a few weeks ago, and I have some questions. I saw an eye doctor for some symptoms I've been having and he REFUSED to look at my actual films(he just looked at the report (which was negative for any problems). I haven't been back to my GP to have her explain the results. The place that did the MRI gave me my MRI images on a disk. I have noticed two weird things. First of all when they did an image of the back of my head two white spots showed up, one behind each ear. Is that normal? Also it looked to me like there was a black band(maybe loss of blood flow?) on my optic nerve. Is that normal?  I have other family members that have health conditions and I've seen their MRIs, none of them have had the white spots behind the ears or the black band on the optic nerve.