Blackouts and amnesia
Recently, my sister has begun having blackouts. Specifically, she began fainting, and upon awakening she had forgotten a portion of her life. The first incident lasted only a few minutes and she only forgot the last hour. Her most recent spell lasted for about half an hour and she thought she was fourteen again.

All of the spells were preceded by headaches, and asprin was taken on all occasions. She has also been diagnosed with Bell's Palsy since a young age. Should we worry about the possibility of a brain aneurysm or some other serious malady, or is this simply an effect of Bell's Palsy that the doctor neglected to mention?
Hello Dear,
Amensia could be due to different causes such as organic causes which include damage to the brain, through trauma or disease, or use of certain sedative drugs. Functional causes are psychological like hysterical post-traumatic amnesia  . Amnesia may also be spontaneous, in the case of transient global amesia.You should consult a neurologist and get all the tests done to diagnose the disease and thereby start your sister’s treatment.
My husband collapsed, lost consciousness after having a blinding headache. He could not speak for a day and he experiences weakness on his right side. The doctors ruled out stroke through CT and MRI scans. His memory is greatly affected. He does not remember his own name, my name and our kids. He does not remember his boss or his best friend. I am very concerned. Will this be permanent or is it just a passing condition?