Neurology Community
Blood flow restriction to R side of Brian

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Approx 2 years ago I had periods of odd behaviour, short term memory loss, internal compass did not work in shopping complexes/carparks and face blindness/thought I knew people.  After a MRI which showed white matter and circumscribed lesion to the R frontal lobe I was referred to a Neurologist who specialised in Memory disorders.  A Ceretec scan revealed the defects in the frontal lobe disappeared when I was injected with suphur solution to dialate the blood vessels.  The neurologist cleared me of any memory disorder, but showed me a coloured scan and compared the the left/right side of my brain. Commented that the yellow colouring that covered the left side was only a few spots on the roght side.  He told me that I had a blood flow restriction to the right side of my brain and appeared concerned.  He tested my reflexes and that was the last I saw of him.

I was diagnosed with ADHD and approx 1 year later the diagnoses was upgraded to autism/Asperger syndrome.   I have developed tinitus(No exposure to excessive noise with employment etc), my eyes sting and become teary/bloodshot all the time.  I still have issues with recognising people and if they wear glasses or loose weight I find it difficult to identify them, lost at shopping centres and carparks.

Any opinions in relation to improving blood flow to my brain and should I consult a specialist in this area.  What type of specialist?  Is there reason to investigate this problem further?

Male aged 47. in good health, exercise regularly at the gym.  
  • Memory Loss (2 replies):
    Im doing an I-Search paper for my Honors English 3 class...[more]
  • MRI cfs flow (2 replies):
    All ventricles appear normal, brain normal except for ch...[more]
  • encephalomalacia (6 replies):
    I am a 31 year old female.15 years ago I was involved in...[more]
  • brain mri (1 replies):
    small t2 and FLAIR hyperintense signal in left frontal s...[more]
  • mri results (1 replies):
    there is a 4mm focus of high T2 signal intnesity within ...[more]

Thanks for posting.
Your symptoms seem to be related to the blood flow restriction to one part of the brain but needs to be checked clinically. Your present symptoms warrant a neurological evaluation, please get it done at your earliest.