Neurology Community
Blood flow restriction to R side of Brian

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Approx 2 years ago I had periods of odd behaviour, short term memory loss, internal compass did not work in shopping complexes/carparks and face blindness/thought I knew people.  After a MRI which showed white matter and circumscribed lesion to the R frontal lobe I was referred to a Neurologist who specialised in Memory disorders.  A Ceretec scan revealed the defects in the frontal lobe disappeared when I was injected with suphur solution to dialate the blood vessels.  The neurologist cleared me of any memory disorder, but showed me a coloured scan and compared the the left/right side of my brain. Commented that the yellow colouring that covered the left side was only a few spots on the roght side.  He told me that I had a blood flow restriction to the right side of my brain and appeared concerned.  He tested my reflexes and that was the last I saw of him.

I was diagnosed with ADHD and approx 1 year later the diagnoses was upgraded to autism/Asperger syndrome.   I have developed tinitus(No exposure to excessive noise with employment etc), my eyes sting and become teary/bloodshot all the time.  I still have issues with recognising people and if they wear glasses or loose weight I find it difficult to identify them, lost at shopping centres and carparks.

Any opinions in relation to improving blood flow to my brain and should I consult a specialist in this area.  What type of specialist?  Is there reason to investigate this problem further?

Male aged 47. in good health, exercise regularly at the gym.  

Thanks for posting.
Your symptoms seem to be related to the blood flow restriction to one part of the brain but needs to be checked clinically. Your present symptoms warrant a neurological evaluation, please get it done at your earliest.