Blurred Vision, Left Hand Numbness, Headache
I am a 24 year old male.  Over the past few years I have been getting these "migraines"  that come and go every couple of months.  However these are not normal migraines.  My symptons start with blurred and partial loss of vision.  Then when my vision improves my left fingers and hand will start to go numb.  The numbness will work its way all the way down almost to my elbow.  Finally the numbness will go away and I will get a mildly intense head ache which will last from 1-4 hours.  I have had a MRI which revealed nothing and am curious if any one has any suggestions of what it might be thanks.
I would also like to include that all symptons occur with a 30-60 minute time frame.
I get the same symptoms and i have migraines. I have had them since i was 12 years old i am now 23.  My mri's are always normal.
i do too
What did you do?
Hi Timmy,

Your symptoms suggest that you are suffering from classical migraine. The visual symtoms that you are describing are a part of aura which usually precedes a migraine attack. Numbness in fingers and elbow is also known to occur in migraine.
I would suggest you to consult a specialist as soon as you can. There are a lot of treatment options available but the best thing to do is to try and identify the trigger for your migraine. In most cases it is a food product like MSG, aged cheese, cured meats, bacon, hot dogs, chocolates, lima beansetc.
Lying in a dark quiet room and applying cold compress to the neck helps during the attack.
hey im 14 and i have been having the exactly the same symptons should i get worried or dose it end up ok? i havent seen a doctor or told my mom about it what should i do
I suffer from this too and I have found a cure which works instantly. I am no doctor but I seem to get these attacks early mornign on the way to work which is a pain in the ar** because of driving etc.

Grab some pure orange juice or a can of Monster/red bull. Drink as much as you can and you'll see the migrain goe within 15 minutes. Im sure its becasue of the high vamount of sugar entering the body.. but trust me it works better than any Migraine medication. Once the numbness wears off and the vision corrects in the left eye i would advise taking some Ibuprofen.

Hope this helps :)
well when i get sick i normally get the blurred vision first and the blurred vision is like i can see partially out of my left eye and then my head starts to hurt really bad and then my left hand starts to get numb and before my stomach used to hurt but now that went away and as soon as i see my vision get blurred i take an aspirin then i go to sleep and i will wake up and if i turn my head a certain way it hurts really bad can anyone tell me what this is?
I get this same thing, has anyone had a diagnosis yet..?
I get really bad headaches, tonight was the first night my left hand started to shake really badly and then my migrraine came. Im really worried i keep having bad thoughts that something really wrong with my brain? Like a tumor or aonething! Please help me?
I get the left eye partial loss of vision and left hand numbness....but very light heache... also left side of face grows numb from left ear across the lips.
Different diagnosis or same ailment??? VERY concerned!

Anything to do with low blood sugar? I am an athlete and trail at a very intense level

.... oh and this might be unrelated but I have been having digestive troubles (especially when running- which is BAD news haha)... anyway not sure if this is relevant or not, but I would hate to leave out a piece of the puzzle!

Sorry for my typos! The headache has gotten a hair worse since posting... so I'd put it at a medium-light headache.... not as painless as before.... very concerned.... first time this has happened to me.

I'm 19 and like I said- I train at a VERY intense level doing everything from running, swimming, rucking, calisthenics, and lifting. You name it I do it..... The loose stools/digestive troubles might be stress induced (since I do worry a lot about workout before actually doing them!)... still wished to add that in just in case its important....