Neurology Community
Body Pain Unleashed How can I control?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Body Pain Unleashed How can I control?

I have been all over trying to find out what is wrong with me and to this day, no-one knows.  So, I will just go on until this old car finally breaks down completely.  I've gone from thinking it was my heart or aeortic valves to a little dot they found in my adrenal gland and bloods tests show I am perfect all the way around.
But, why do I hurt so much??  I have finally come to the conclusion that all my symptoms must be derived from nerves being damaged spine.  I have had many Grand Mal Seizures over the years where my head would take a full circle if it could.  I think it has finally caught up.  My heart beats are flopin & popin every now and then.  My throat feels like someone stuck thier finger deep in and has held it there (choking feeling) then it feels like my head wants to pop/explode. My crazy vertigo like spells are increasing from 1-2 times a week to 3 times a day now. They hit so hard and throw me off balance. My chest hurts so much.  Now my neck and to spots in my back are hurting and my legs are in such pain in joint areas.  My fingers tingle and become icy cold and back to warm.  The hard part is that over the months it has increased to more and ongoing so I have gotten pain pills and muscle relaxers to help me.  (Thank God!)
I remember now that I did go to a Chiro months ago who said per the x-ray that I showed problemed areas in:
1 & 2 C,  2,3,&4 T and 5L.  He said my neck was reversing it's natural curve of up and out to up and curved in.
If there is a Pro out there who knows how these relate; please let me know your opionion?  I can't afford a Chiro any more.  I did a few weeks adjustments and had to stop.  Kaiser does not believe in adjustments.  It's Drugs and Physical Therapy and those are my only choices.  I am on the drugs now and will begin the Therapy soon.  Wondering if that Therapy would be helpful at all or a waste of time.  Thinking about Cortizon shots soon as the pain and dizziness is really increasing and becoming unbarable at work or play. Any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions on immediate, temporary excersize or stretches I could do to begin some relief??  Let me know if anyone knows this area.  I would so greatly appreciate and will begin trying any excersizes that might help because it certainly can't get worse.  Thank you for your time if you have any to spare!  
Sincerely, Susan
If you've had Grand Mal seizures, I assume you are taking medications to control that, and if not, you should be on antiseizure drugs.  Your chest pain and heart doing loop-dee-loops may be a sign of cardiovascular problems, which might be causing your dizziness and your extremities feeling cold sometimes, plus I think of the spot on your adrenal gland or possibly another gland like the thyroid, and wonder if one of them are firing off irregularly, thus goofing up your heart pumping activity.  I think your regular doc could run some thyroid and adrenal gland panels, or an endocrinologist can, to see how those things are doing; and if those are okay, then perhaps a heart doc might look into the situation.

I might add that various medications can cause your above symptoms, too, so have your doc review the side effects of anything you're taking, particularly as relates to your other symptom of choking.  Just switching to another category of drugs might be all you need.

Now, the pain, I have that from a tore-up spine from a car wreck, so I think you can ascribe your various pains to that.  Physical therapy does indeed help, various drugs help (I take opiates and the gaba drugs), and could be the cortisone shots you mentioned might numb up your spine somewhat.  I also have a relative who has a real bad cervical spine problem, and he has vertigo, so that's another possible reason for your dizziness, aside from the heart stuff I mentioned before.  Hope all this helps a little.
Thank you for all of your information, friend.  
You know, I'm to the point of no return anymore.  I'm learning to adjust to all these nuttso symptoms.  Use the meds I have (and yes I take Dilantin many years). And just pray that God will help them heal.  There's far too many things goin' on for me or any doctor to locate the intial problem off.  There's too much frustration and stress tryin' to figure it out.  When doctors can't help; I say: "God knows our bodies as he made them, and he can heal them."  With hopes he will.  How about that??  I'm actually done.  The pain and dizziness and lightheadedness and choking are difficult to withstand when I'm at work, but the meds help the pain and it's much easier to just let go of the doctor's and frustration of feeling like they just think I'm a fool because tests are perfect. If it was or is or becomes a more serious matter; then Kaiser can deal with it at that time.  Thank you for caring.  Thank you for responding.  You have a lot of knowledge, but I'm too tired to go through anymore with Kaiser.  You have a very Merry Christmas and God Bless you and your family.  Sincerely, Susan