Neurology Community
Body twithing/muscle jerking

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Body twithing/muscle jerking

I have been experiencing body twitching for about a year and it haven't decreased. I would like to know what is the cause of this and how it can be prevented. I would like to know if certain medications has anything to do with it because I stopped taking asthma medications without first telling the doctor and I started experiencing these twiches much later but I was also on other medications prior before the asthma medications. I was using allergy medications over the counter medications as well when I felt like I was getting the flu or a cold. My doctor also prescribed me prednisone to help with my breathing because my lungs weren't doing well. I also took the morning after pill in the past could these medications be the cause of this unexplained body twitching.
This is tedabell I would appreciate it if someone would answer my post please in reference to body twitching/ muscle jerking thank you.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. I understand your anxiety and concern related to the body twitches that you are experiencing. Certain asthma medications are associated with twitches. Theophylline is a non specific phosphodiesterase inhibitor which causes increased enzyme activity non specifically in various organs like brain, muscle, heart etc. manifesting as confusion, seizures, muscle twitches and cardiac arrhythmias. Salbutamol is a non selective beta agonist and can cause tremors and twitches. Chronic use of corticosteroids can cause myopathy and twitches.
Consult your treating physician for assessing these symptoms since now you are off the medicines. Rule out dehydration and overuse of caffeine. Take care.

Hello I would like to know if certain herbs will take care of the unexplained body twitching that I am experiencing because I am not sure if it's the asthma medications to be exact. However I never experienced this before and the neurologist doesn't know what it is. I have had numerous test done blood work, MRI, Cat scan, MRI of the spine and still nothing.Do herbs such as hyoscyamus and Cina as well as Zinc cure these body twitches that I have. The reason why I'm asking is because I read about these herbs and it says hyoscyamus is an excellent herb to relieve muscle twitching and other disorders like Tourettes Syndrome and Parkinson's Disease.
I would like to know about the herbs that I have mentioned would you please get back with me thank you.
This is tedabell. I talked with you about my situation and you haven't gotten back with me. I would appreciate it if you contact me thank you.