Neurology Community
Botox in tongue

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Botox in tongue

My Aunt, age 64, suffers from terrible facial movements. It started with her eyes a couple of years ago and has progressed to include her mouth. She can not eat any solid food and has lost a considerable amount of weight. My Aunt has received Botox treatments and it was suggested that it might be helpful to also have injections in her tongue. Do you know of anyone that has done this, and if so with any success? She was also told she might think about having some kind of brain surgery with an implantable device that sends a signal to tell the face not to twitch. I think it would be very helpful to get a second opinion about her condition, but where?