Neurology Expert Forum
Brachial Plexus
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Brachial Plexus

Among other things, my Neuro told me I have Brachial Plexus in my shoulders.

It starts out as what feels like a boulder under my shoulder blade and rapidly progresses to neck and upper shoulder pain, then to severe cramping in my arm and fingers with tingling at the tips. I am unable to turn my head due to the pain involved.

Then it moved to my other shoulder for the 1st time. I have had this problem for many years and just figured out it is possibly due to a horse riding accident, that I conviently forgotten, in my teens along with a few car wrecks.

I had several Nerve Blocks and Trigger Point injections done and it stopped the immediate pain under my shoulder blade. It took almost another week for the cramping to go away. During this week, the boulder migrated under my other shoulder blade. Luckily it didn't progress much other than pain whenever I moved my arm, neck or head for a few days.

I have done a bit of reseach on the Internet, but found mostly information on infants with Erbs Syndrome.

Is there anything that can be done to help?

My Neuro and I are thinking the riding accident is the root of all my chronic neck, shoulder and upper back pain that he has been treating me for about 6 years now, along with migraines. We just can't believe I had forgotten the accident until an old friend reminded me the day before I went in for the injections.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give me.

Lynda