Brain Atrophy question
I am 48 years old and I was diagnosed with slight brain atrophy and my neurologist said that it can be caused by many things.  We talked about hypothyroidism that hasn't been treated correctly as a possible cause.  Is that possible?

Hello Dear
The causes of brain atrophy may be:,stroke and traumatic brain injury,Alzheimer’s disease, Pick’s disease, senile dementia, fronto-temporal dementia, and vascular dementia,cerebral palsy,Huntington’s disease, leukodystrophies, mitochondrial encephalomyopathies, multiple sclerosis infectious diseases, such as encephalitis, neurosyphilis, and AIDS, in which an infectious agent or the inflammatory reaction to it destroys neurons and their axons ,epilepsy etc.
Hypothyroidism is ususlly not known to cause brain atrophy.Consult your neurologist and get the cause diagnosed to start the treatment.
Best