Neurology Expert Forum
Brain Bleed - Frontal Lobe

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain Bleed - Frontal Lobe

My mother is 71 years old.  History of Low blood pressure
smoked forever down to about 2 or 3 packs a week in the last
10 years or so.   She flew to Baltimore (she was sick which we
attributed to allergies, looking back maybe a little disoriented at times) & then flew back to Memphis when they landed she got in the car & was unable to respond to request.  She began to just use one phrase wadawadawadawada & didn't seem to know where or what was happening.  They've done an MRI & said there was a
light brain bleed in her frontal lobe that may be close enough
to the left side to have caused the "episode".  She had another episode the same day she got to the hospital .   They've done a
CT Scan of chest, abdomen & pelvic area looking for a blood clot.
Her blood pressure is spiking periodically.  They haven't found
anything.  They gave her some blood pressure medicine & let her
go home.  She got home at 7:30 had another episode & was taken
back to the hospital.  She did have some tingling in her right arm with this episode   Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts???
Not quite sure what you mean by a "light bleed," as brain hemorrhage is not exactly something that can be taken lightly.  In light of her blood pressure instability and active neurological symptoms, I am concerned about the hemorrhage and the possiblity of it getting larger in size.  She should be monitored carefully (especially blood pressure) in a hospital setting, have her clotting factors checked, and be seen by a neurologist if not already done. Please keep in mind that I have never seen your mother, but in most patients with brain hemorrhages (depending on size and location) this is standard of care. Good luck.