Neurology Community
Brain Issues! Seriously Need Help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain Issues! Seriously Need Help!

Today, I've been experiencing a pulling, sharp pain, about a half inch above my hair line. Every time I have this sensation, my head jerks to the left a little, I'm scared and don't know what to do. I'm only 16, and this is scaring me. It's quite painful, and sometimes it goes down my neck. It happened for the first time today, during school, and the pain was so intense I almost cried.

I'm 16, 140lbs 5"10'
I'm on anti depressants, and remeran for a sleeping med, for my Insomnia.
We are taking me off the Remeran, and starting me on something else. I forgot the name, but it makes you kinda loopy.
I don't think it's cause of this new med, because I've been on it for a while, and we are slowly winging me off the Remeran. I think it's a half a pill every other night.
Cancer runs in my family, but I don't know what kind of cancer.
I have no sight problems.
I have ADD, Insomnia, and I'm naturally depressed as it runs in the family.

I hope some of this information is helpful. I'm sorry if it's not. Thank you so much!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include skin infections, inflammations, folliculitis, trauma, neuro-muscular causes, medication side effect etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!