Neurology Community
Brain Issues! Seriously Need Help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain Issues! Seriously Need Help!

Today, I've been experiencing a pulling, sharp pain, about a half inch above my hair line. Every time I have this sensation, my head jerks to the left a little, I'm scared and don't know what to do. I'm only 16, and this is scaring me. It's quite painful, and sometimes it goes down my neck. It happened for the first time today, during school, and the pain was so intense I almost cried.

I'm 16, 140lbs 5"10'
I'm on anti depressants, and remeran for a sleeping med, for my Insomnia.
We are taking me off the Remeran, and starting me on something else. I forgot the name, but it makes you kinda loopy.
I don't think it's cause of this new med, because I've been on it for a while, and we are slowly winging me off the Remeran. I think it's a half a pill every other night.
Cancer runs in my family, but I don't know what kind of cancer.
I have no sight problems.
I have ADD, Insomnia, and I'm naturally depressed as it runs in the family.

I hope some of this information is helpful. I'm sorry if it's not. Thank you so much!
I want to start by saying don't worry, and suggesting you speak with your parents and your doctor.  Given that you have described havinbg ADD and what may resemble a tic which has then caused pain you may have a related condition called Tourette Syndrome or even have experience a Mirgraine.  That said it could be an unwelcomed side effect of medication you have taken and so it is always best to speak with your doctor to make sure.  If you have regular headaches you should see a doctor and ask for an MRi scan which will help rule out any other problems.  When you get a very bad headache you automatically fear the worse and worry that you will die from the pain.  In the vast majority of cases it will not kill you nor a sign you could die.  But you should always seek medical attention if it occurs more than once, and especially if it keeps occuring.
ADD, Depression and insomnia symptoms can also be an alergic (allergic) reaction to something you eat or drink.  Although not a cause of these conditions it can cause many of their symptoms to be worse and that is sweeteners.

I hope this helps.
I don't think it was an allergic reaction cause I didn't eat anything until way late that night and it happened like 6 times before then. I know it's not a migraine, because the pain is different, and I get migraines/head aches very often. And thank you so much for helping!