Neurology Community
Brain MRI

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain MRI

'Prominent bifrontal and right high parietal extra axial spaces noted' this is the result of my MRI brain .. can u plz tel me what it mean?
It is best to go back to your doctor about the meaning of your results for a proper diagnosis based on your own personal medical history.  Did the radiologist not list differential possibilities of meaning of his/her findings?

I found on one site where they list prominence of frontal spaces bilaterally and mild prominence of the lateral ventricles.  They listed for that patient, evidently an infant, that differential possible causes were:
Non-harmful sub-arachnoid space enlargement in infancy (BESSI)
brain atrophy (shrinkage)
trauma that wasn't an accident
hydrocephalus that was external, acquired, and obstructive
For that baby, they determined the cause was BESSI.

But for you, please ask your doctor to explain what your own results mean and if your doctor doesn't understand it, please ask them to confer with the radiologist for their thoughts on what the findings might mean.