Brain Malfunction
I am 32 and I have had jerky movements in my head and arm since was 13 years old. They seem to start at the base of my neck and crawl up my head. I haven't lost consciousness in years, but I do fade out while it is happening. I don't go unconscious its more like the lights are on but no one is home. It happens a dozen times a day and its everyday.Sometimes they are strong enough to knock me out of my seat and other times its just a nuisance. My daughter is 14 and she has done the same since she was a toddler. It seems to get worse with stress. I had every test imaginable and nothing ever showed up. The Dr's just called it mini seizures prescribed some Depakote. The Depakote didnt do anything other than put me in a haze so I haven't taken it in 10 years. I have always had trouble with speech not being able to speak clearly or at times finding the word that I need. Now with all that being said please don't think I'm insane for the next part. The other day I had done supper and I was cleaning up the kitchen as normal. I had some scraps I thought I would take out to the dogs. I walked the plate out dumped the scraps and was coming back in through the dining room to the kitchen to wash the plate when all of a sudden I put the plate to my mouth and licked it. I was fully aware of what I was doing and trying to stop my self thats disgusting I know. But it was like my brain couldn't control my body and I knew it. I had a similar experience not long ago with a moldy beef jerky stick. I knew it was moldy and bad. I smelled it looked at it told my husband next me this is bad and at the same time stuck it in my mouth and ate it. What the heck is wrong with me???    
Hi!
Extreme tiredness, high fever (unlikely in your case due to long standing history), hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, high blood sugar, kidney problems causing brain fog, liver problems causing brain fog, low electrolytes, brain lesions, very high blood pressure, alcohol or drug intoxication, etc can all cause jerkiness and speech problems.
Inability to find words is a type of aphasia. It is found in people with lupus, Sjogren's Syndrome, and Hashimotos thyroiditis. Hence all these need to be ruled out. Usually there are lesions in the brain which cause this. Hence a MRI of brain is a must.
Regarding your licking and eating things against your better judgment, it could be a psychological issue. Please consult a doctor for complete and comprehensive investigation into your case. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.