Neurology Community
Brain Microvascular Disease

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain Microvascular Disease

Hi, Iam new here. I have questions about brain microvascular disease. I was Dx with Ms in 2001. I have 5 lesions on my brain. My new nero said he doesen't think it is MS. But I have had two mini strokes. and that I have Microvascular brain Disease. Over several years I have been trying to get a exercize program nothing to strenuouse (SP).just slow walking. But every time I try I experence numbness and tingling on my whole left side. head to toe. If I try to ignore it. after a few walks I loose total use of my left side. for a week or more. I went for a stroll nothing causing excertion. by that night It hit again. I called my Nero 3 days later. He sent me to get an MRI w contrast. Everything was the same. He told me to take it easy no exercize. Now I know nothing about this disease but tiny vessels in the brain are messed up, constricted or something. Are these normal symptoms. Will I ever be able to exercize. I'm really overweight and need to loose at least 75 pounds. Help What do I do I don't understand. I also have high chol, high BP and Trigs. Anything anyone can tell me I would really be grateful for any info. Thanks...Jazz867
i am 30 years old. last year i was pregnant and my calcium and potassium dropped on my 6th month, i had bell's palsy on my 7th month of pregnancy, i was treated with prednisone and methycobal plus the therapy. it went well.. july of this year after giving birth i  experienced bad headached and black-out vision and immpaired hearing.. as if im going to pass-out. about 5 to 6 times in one month, now my whole left side is numbed, cold and having bad spasm, before i was diagnosed of slipped disc and having sciatica because i wasnt able to walk. but now its different even my left arm is having numbness,, i feel so tired in the afternoon, and when im lying down sometimes i still get the headache, my feet and hands are cold. its painful as if my bones are being hammered.
i had my MRI and it was negative of MS but my doctor said there are small white spots.. he gave me REININ for one week, i'll have my follow-up check up next week. im not diabetic, i had gestational diabetes but now im ok.. im suffereing from pain and coldness in my whole left. my nails also in my left foot is peeling off for no reason. my calcium is low right now. im taking calcium supplements.

please help.