Brain cavernoma surgery scheduling/recovery
After experiencing slight limb weakness and low level seizures in early February 2008, I was diagnosed with a left-side cerebral cavernoma. I will have surgery to remove it as recommended by my neurosurgeon, but I am wondering if it is alright to wait until Late May 2008 (three months) to have the surgery? Also, what is the average recovery time for this type of surgery?
I just read this post, did you have your surgery.  I have a cavernoma and wonder how the surgery went.  I have not had any seizures, just migraine headaches and dizziness.  Please let me know.  Anita
I have had the surgery and I would recomend it. I haven't had a single headache since, and have been feeling pretty good since. I did have physical therapy post operation and would strongly recommend having that. I'm still "recovering" I believe, because when I'm tired I can feel me right side give out quicker, but other than that I would definetly recommend haaving the surgery.
My cavernoma was on my thalamus, and was bleeding, but everything is so much better now.
hi.... my wife had undergone 2 brain surgeries a week ago, after the first surgery, when the doctors carried out MRIs to find out how effective the surgery had been, they realized that my wife would need another surgery to completely remove the cavernoma. this surgery was carried out two days after the first and it was succesful. but ever since the surgery she is unable to move her left limbs . the doctors are of the opinion that this is normal after a neuro surgery and she would regain full control in her left side in a matter of weeks, they also attribute this partial paralysis to weakness which would go away in due course of time. although i have full faith in the doctors, i'm a bit anxious about this. i would like to know the opinions and thoughts of other doctors and patients who have had similar issues ...... please reply !!