Neurology Community
Brain cyst on nervous system

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain cyst on nervous system

I am a 21 yr old female and for the past 2 and a half yrs i have had several symptoms ranging from numbness and loss of feeling in my right side of my body, memory problems and severe walking difficulties.  My GP refered me to a neurologist who snt me for several tests including an MRI scan and a test that checks the nervous system. I the MRI results they found a cyst situated at the back left of my brain (pressing on my nervous system) but the neurologist rekons it's not connected to the problems but i feel its too much of a coincedence and am seeking a second opinion. Please feel free to reply with your own opinions
Thanx  Pam x x
Hello.

Can you mention the size of the cyst ? Has the neurologist given any insights in to the type of the cyst ? If not, has he diagnosed your condition ? It is more important for an early intervention.  A bigger sized cyst will produce such symptoms.

What does the other test say ?

Regards
The neurologist told me nothing about size.just said their was a cyst on my brain. He isn't even doing a follow up MRI scan or anything. he has discharged me which i am not happy about. that is why i have ben refered to see a different guy.  The other test i can't remember the name of it .  It's where they send pulses down to your toe to check the signal from the brain to the nerve.
Hello.

It does appear that you need a second opinion. Any extra growth in the brain. unless it is very tiny, has to have some impact on the brain functions. And all you symptoms are right sided, too.

The other test is most probably nerve conduction study. Do you have any idea if the test was normal or abnormal.

Regards
i don't know what the results were but when they were performing the test there was no visible pulse in my right leg or foot but the pulse was so rapid in my left.  I would think that means that the right nerve is damaged??