Neurology Community
Brain lesions

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain lesions

Hello, I was told I have 2 small brain lesions about a year and a half ago. My Nuerologist said that they were getting better and there are no new lesions which is good news. He said they have to go away on their own. I feel better than I used to but i am still dizzy/off balance and I feel like my head weighs 100 lbs. Will these brain lesions ever go away?? i am so scared that I will be this way for the rest of my life.
Lesions are a very non-specific way in which to say anything... it could be white matter lesion, tumor, cyst... so he is not really telling you a thing.

Get a copy of the report (if you are in the US, generally you are able to get a copy of the report and the film on CD from the place where you got the scan) and read it.

Until you know exactly what you have, it is very hard to say. Please get your doctor to be more specific with you and discuss with him your prognosis. If you are not feeling better, it may be time for another trip to the doctor and another scan.
Thank you so much for your response! The doctor said in the beginning that he thought this was a one time thing and that it would go away. He said it could be caused fronm a bad infection and right when this started I had the worse tooth infection I ever had. He said that it is 2 very small white lesions and that they are on the back of my brain and showed me where they were. He said that they are not cancer because I would be getting worse and not better. I am getting better but I still have this! I am just wondering how long it takes for them to get out of my brain and if they ever will? I have to go back for another MRI in August. That will be one year after my last MRI that showed no new lesions and the 2 are 30% better.