Neurology Community
Brain surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain surgery

Hello, Dr. Chahine,
I am 17 years old girl and was recommended to me surgery congenital of my normotensive hydrocephalus, but I would still like to know another medical opinion if it is really necessary surgery, when I have no neurological problems? Could you give me your e-mail to sent you my brain scans to assess? It is necessary before the surgery to shave the hair? Performs this surgery always under general anesthesia or can be used as a local anesthetic? I have great concern namely of general anesthesia during brain surgery. Thank you for your answers and your time.

This discussion is related to psychosis after aneurysm clipping.

The other posts u posted were in the expert forum where the Dr u addressed this post to is....here is the link.

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Neurosurgery/show/331