Neurology Community
Brain tumor and symptoms

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Brain tumor and symptoms

There was a time when I was not feeling such symptoms as headache/pressure, etc (possible brain tumor symptoms). About a month after I started getting such symptoms, I was symptoms free for a couple of weeks (symptoms began in July). When I got to college, the symptoms came back. However, I have had several days in a row here where I did not experience any of the symptoms.

That doesn't sound like it is a brain tumor, right? I thought that brain tumor symptoms got worse and worse.

I am going to see the doctor on Tuesday and am going to try and persuade him to give me a referral to a neurologist. I probably won't be able to see a neurologist until next week since I am going home for Thanksgiving break on Wednesday. Any ideas on what to say to the doctor in order to get him to give me a referral?

I also wanted to say that if I take some pain killers, the symptoms seem to almost disappear (not quite all the way, but close, still feel some pressure/pain).

If I had a brain tumor, would pain killers help to alleviate most of the symptoms?

Thank you very much,
    Alex
Brain tumors generally have other symptoms than headaches or pressure. Are you obsessing on this?  I know it is hard but you have to try and keep busy and think on other things.

Many many people get headaches and pressure, yes, even every day, very few people get brain tumors.

I'm not sure that there is a "general" brain tumor type headache but yes they do tend to get worse (but can go away for a while).
Please talk to your doctor but try to trust what they say 100%.

Good luck.
The preasure that you are feeling can be from many MANY things so I wounldnt jump to any conclusions about having a brain tumor.  In general brain tumors are very rare . . . try to think if you have other neurological symptoms going on it will be hard for you doctor just to send you to the neurogolist just because you have headaches so I would just be prepared with backups for why you need to see a neurogolist if you really think you do.
I have pressure and pains in my head every day. Could be from the Lyme Disease I tested positive for and treated over the Summer or it could be sinusitis like one doctor thought. In any case, a course of antibiotics really helple me. However, as soon as I finished the antibiotics the pressure came back! Am having an mri soon but to answer your question, you would have more symptoms other than pressure if you had a brain tumor... dizziness, nausea, visual disturbances...
HI : Seizures are what some people experience and weakness , etc. I have had head  pressure since Aug. and it was accompanied by jawweakness, strke like sypmtoms. My CT scan are all normal. But my MRI scan shows Mild peripheral enhancement involving the the left temporal lobe lesion which demonstrates mild mass efect on the posterior horn of the lateral ventricle. It goes on . I would sugges tto you, that your primary DR. send you to a Neuro and soon. To me the head pressure was very bad ..and as i had no headaches before that ..i went to the neurologist w out a referral. You are the one that knows , "You". I found out the a long time ago. I hope you feel better. Kit
Well, I used to have dizziness when I first got these symptoms at the end of July. However, after a while, the dizziness went away. I sometimes have mild nausea, but it does not happen on a regular basis. I had a little bit of nausea this afternoon but now I do not have any.

Anymore thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!