Broken Ankle Recovery - Nerve Damage?
I broke my Fibia & Talus on May 1 and had a metal plate and 14 screws/pins inserted.  I started rehab today (June  15) and my foot just shakes very badly it is an uncontrollable movement. I thought it may just be weakness, the therapist said I may have nerve damage he called it (cloneg sp?).  I can't find anything that even remotely sounds like this on the internet.  I am not sure of the spelling.  If I do have this condition, is it reversable?  Also, I still fill numbness/tingling in my arch and top of my foot.  Will this most likely subside?  I am really concerned that it could be paresthesia and that I have permanent damage.  
When my injury occurred I had a bad dislocation, no ligaments were torn.  My ankle does still have a lot of swelling.

This discussion is related to Nerve Damage, Poor Circulation, or What?????.
Hi.  Did he mean clonus?  I have 2 plates and 16 screws in my left ankle.  Been in there about 20 + years.  Had my ankle crushed in a car accident.  The swelling will take a while to go away.  I still have swelling on a daily basis but after sleeping all night the swelling is mostly gone. I have tingling in the arch of the foot too and reduced sensation in some of the areas but I think it is from nerve damage to the peroneal nerve damage near the knee.

Oh i forgot to mention...I do have circulation problems in that foot/ankle but I had a lot of damage to it.  I get my hubby to message my foot several times a week
I broke My ankle in three places well over a year ago, I have 2 plates and 19 screws.  My ankle swells every day and I habe like a toothace pain very often The say that this is due to nerve damage and want to kill off some of the nerves but I am very hesitant to have this done