Neurology Expert Forum
Bruising,tingling and numbness
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bruising,tingling and numbness

I am a 25 year old black female. Since August or September of 1998, I have had bruises to appear on my legs only for no apparent reason.  I first suspected it was because I over did it while working out.  Well the bruises are still there.  I have been to 3 different doctors and taken multiple blood tests and my doctor said I was anemic and put me on medication and thought that would take care of the bruising.  Well it didn't.  I went for another test and my blood counts were normal.  I went to see a dermotlogist and he performed a biosy and it came back saying I just had a mild irritation of the skin and he prescribed Lustra to take the spots away.  I now have what looks like blood clots on the bottom of my feet and when I show it to the doctors they say well that's nothing.  Well recently my legs have been slightly tingling. I went to another doctor and he recommended I see a neurologist now.  One thing I do notice is when I apply a little pressure to some of the bruises, then  my foot tingles.  I hope you can give me some insight.  I cannot see the neurologist until May so I would appreciate any insight you may have.  Could the brusing be related to a nerve problem? (if this makes sense)