Neurology Expert Forum
Bubbling / Throbbing feeling in the left side of the head

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm having this problem for 3-4 months and my greatest concern is that it will get worst. I went to a doctor and she find it odd that I have this condition. Nonetheless, she diagnosed it as Nervous System - Migraine. Is it migraine? Also, the feeling is like throbbing on the nerves on the left side of the scalp and it is not pain at all. Just that it gets on my nerves until I can't sleep at night. Can any doctors here offer me an advice or help? I feel depressed when I still feel the throbbing feeling everyday.
It is difficult for me to diagnose your headache with the information you provide. Migraine does typically cause a unilateral throbbing headache, but so also do a variety of other headache disorders such as cluster headache, hemicrania, and sometimes (more often bilaterally or right and left). Secondary headaches from for example tumors or other intracranial causes must be excluded as well.

I cannot be more specific than this, unfortunately. Other common features of migraine include nausea, increased sensitivity to light, sound or smell, worse with exercise, better in a dark room and after sleep, and moderate to severe in intensity. Any headache that becomes chronic (more than 15 a month or daily) are a more difficult problem and best dealt with by a headache specialist. The Cleveland Clinic Headache Center if you are in the area has special expertise in this area.

Good luck
I wanted to know if their was anyone who has an avm removal?
In Aug of 04 I had a 3 1/2 cm avm removed from my rt frontal lobe of the brain. My Doc says that I have hydrocephalus a mild form of it.I have headaches in the back of my head and when I cough,bare down or laugh.HE said that he thought this would have gone away on its own by now and still hopes that it will.I have tried two lp and diomox but hated how that made me feel.He says he is not going to put in a shunt my question is that does this usually go away with out surgical help.I have also developed a seizure disorder having had one tonic/clonic seizure after my surgery and then partial sezires on and off.I am a 29 year old female and I would very much like some in put on this.
  I was also was wondering if it is common to have your sleep disrupped because of this I cant seem to go to sleep w/o tylonal pm and I'm sure that it cant be good. I think all in all I am doing very well for all that I have been through but these headaches  and being dizzy and ringing in my ear sucks.I was hoping to get some advise.
I intially got sick one day about a year ago. I woke up with this headache from hell. It was in the back of my head and the vertigo and dizziness was unbelievable. I felt like i wasnt here feeling. The pain was so bad in the back of my head. When this happened i felt like my blood sugar dropped and I had flu-like symptoms. I also have anxiety and panic disorder which i have had for 11yrs. I also get this cold like shooting feeling throughout my brain. I have palpitations sometimes usually when I really dont feel right in the head, or when i bend over. Also when i do bend over i feel really fainty when i come back up. Second, when all of this started initially was over a year ago with these weird symptoms. I stepped on a piece of glass and couldnt understand why my foot still hurt. I didnt have much swelling but the had the pain. I had sweating of the foot and leg. I had pins and needle feelings and then spread to my leg and hip. I was seen by a neurologist who diagnosed me with RSD. I have these strange feelings like i can feel my something crawling on me. But, the headaches did not start until i had an epidural block in my back. A few weeks after this I had these terrible weird feelings in my brain in the back. Pressure with pin feelings, aching to where i feel my heart beating. I get such flu like symptoms and now i have a floater in my left eye. I have had mri of brain,,came back normal, mri of complete spine, normal. I have had all kinds of blood test. From sed-rate test, muscle enzyme test to parasite test,lupus. The only thing that came back was vit b12def. There weird thing is for about 3 months my symptoms totally subsided and then i decided to due acupuncture in the back for my rsd..(hello). I believe it spread to my arm and afraid the rest of body. I get these red spots every now and then and then they go away. The worst now is i developed muscle spasms all over my body and weakness in my quads of legs, biceps in arms,some in feet and hands,not as much and the pain in my head and cervical part of my spine are aweful. I get anxiety so bad with tremor like feelings. And my mind feels foggy and depressed. I am scared and dont know what to do. Do you have muscle spasms all over your body? I am scared there may be more wrong with me besides rsd. Maybe als. I cannot get answers and prayed I can. It is hard to post a message on here because it says it is full. I was seriously wanting to make an appt but would like to speak to a neuro there. Do you know how I can do this?
sincerely, ss
Sorry I forgot to tell you I am 32yr female. Also somedays i dont hurt as bad as others. But I do know I am scared
Sigh. Thanks for your help anyway. I hope my brain scan results will show something. I will post again if there's something related to my problem.
A related discussion, tingling in left side  of ear was started.