Bulbar onset
I posted another question earlier but my situation has change so I figured I post again with the new details I am a 35 year old athletic male
Approx 4 months ago I began haveing gnawing (buzzing pain in my limbs) accompanied by fasciculations
I saw a Neurologist who did some brief physical tests and told me I have Bening Fasciculation syndrome
Needless to say I continued to worry, and havebeen preoccupied with ALS snce this began
In October THe neurologist performed an EMG However it was really quick like 1 needle per limb for about a minute.
each in addition to the ncv.  He said this was enough combined with my physical exams to rule out ALS
He told me I also have some axiety and stress issues
ANyway about 2 weeks ago I started having an aching an buzzing sensation in my tounge.
when I stick my tounge out half way it seems to twitch and quiver  quite a bit. IT also aches allot and has caused me some problems speaking (transitioning from r's to L's) though noone has noticed. My snes of taste has stayed the same but it feels like the top of my tounge has is deadl like it had beeb burned (although it hasn;t)
I'm concerned about bulbar onset als, although admittedly I know it is rare considering my age and sex
I saw the Neurologist last week and he looke at my tounge for about 2 second and said no.. (but it didn;t hapen to twitch than...LOL I'm going to see him next week
But any feedback would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
I should add  despite the gnawing pain stwitching and other sensory problems I see no atrophy, and see no difference in strength despite constantly testing various muscles, and weight training at the gym.