Bulging Disc's
Okay, so im 19 yrs old. I got into a car accident a little over two weeks ago, went to the hospital got MRI's and they said i have a few bulging discs in my neck. Im going to the chiro 3 or 4 times a week, i tried percocet, flexeril, stretching, hot/cold packs, and nothing seems to work, I have massive pain in my neck, when i sit or stand i loose feeling in both of my arms, also when my head is touched, like brushing my own hair makes my hands go numb with a sharp pain going from my shoulders threw my elbows to my hands. I can barely lift a chair, or a laundry basket. Im feeling like surgery is going to be my only option. Just wondering if theres anything else i can do, and if surgery is nessicary how long is the surgery gonna take and how long is recovery?
Hi there. Yes with these disabling neurological symptoms due to bulging discs, you need to see a neurosurgeon soon for planning an urgent surgery and decompression. This would relieve your symptoms. Surgery can take upto 2 hours depending on the no. of levels of discs being operate upon. Take care.