Neurology Community
Burning/Aching sensation in back of head, neck and upper back

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I had started 14 days ago with an aching feeling in the back of my head.  It was initially tolerable as I had a sinus infection and thought perhaps it had something to do with it.  The aching progressed more to spasms that have been accompanied by a burning sensation.  I have had pinched nerves in my neck before and had similiar feelings.  I also was told after a massage that my upper back was loaded with nots (stress related).  I try putting the heating pad and strechting my neck plus I have been going to a chiropracter who does pressure points and has provided some relief.  Would an anti inflamitory help?
I am not a doctor but I suffer from neck issues. I have degenerative disk disease c5-c7 and Dextroscoliosis. While they are still in the mild stage they still do cause pain.Yes somthing like advil would probably help. But you should really make an appointment to see your doctor asap. You can probably start with your gp and get X-rays and mabey and mri. But if it is somthing more serious you will be referred to a specialist neurologist or orthopedic doc. You may want to avoid heat and the chiropractor until you find out exactly what is causing your symptoms...
Take Care....