Neurology Community
Burning Headaches, eyes hurt

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Burning Headaches, eyes hurt

I too have alot of these symptoms that I'm reading - burning headaches at the top of my head, eyes hurt, blurred vision. It started a little over 2 months ago. Had occasional headaches in the past - never like this. It started when I went to a new chiropractor. He worked on my back then proceeded to my neck. He tried one side and it popped a little and then went to the other side and nothing - so he did it again. After the first attempt, it seemed like he missed what he was supposed to do and I could tell it didn't feel right and told him. He said he was going to try again and still nothing, then he used some activator pen on it. I got up and before I left the building I had a very dull headache beginning and it got unbearable. I went to the doctor the next week and was given ibuprofin. I called my chiropractor and told him and he asked me to come in - I did and he massaged my neck and it felt much better. Within the next few weeks the headaches started up again and after 3 more appts to my doctor (no more to the chiropractor) I have been put on sinus infection meds, more ibuprofin and now blood pressure meds cause my bp is high - which is abnormal for me. I told my doctor about the chiropractor and he set me up for a neck xray - not a ct scan. Should I be getting a ct scan and could my so-called bad adjustment be the cause of my problems?
Hi.

Your symptoms could either be tension headache, cervical vertebral malalignment or nerve impingement at the cervical spine with referred pain to the head.

A CT scan or MRI would have been better so that more can be visualized in the neck area, not just the bones. You should talk to your doctor about this.

Good luck.