Burning/Numbing Sensation on Left Side of Head
Last night, I began experiencing what I can only describe as odd pains in the left side of my head/face/neck.  I get this burning pain that seems to shoot through the nerves in this area.  It also causes this area to feel tingely or somewhat numb.  It has dulled some, but is not going away.  At the most intense point, my eye on this side even began to burn.
When I was 7 (I am now 29), I had a pretty tramatic head injury on this side of my head where I was hit with a large rock just above my temple and received many stitches all the way to the skull.
Could this be related?  Or could I be experiencing the warning signs of a stroke?  Or is it possible that anxiety can cause this type of reaction?
Thank you for any input...it is greatly appreciated:)
Hi, Thank you for your question. For persistent head and neck pains/numbness, possibilities like pinched nerve in cervical spine, migrainous, cluster, tension and refractive errors that need to be evaluated thoroughly with the help of a neurologist here. Migraine like headache can be throbbing, one sided of face & head and preceded by aura (starts with blurred vision). Cluster headache may appear as burning, explosive in nature and tear appears from eyes. Tension headache originates with stress and anxiety disorder. Please arrange an appointment with a neurologist right away who will evaluate the further underlying disorders by clinically examine you & ordering MRI or CT scan here that may be the main reasons of your headache attacks & other symptoms and can provide you an appropriate treatment. Hope this information proves helpful to you. Take Care & Regards!!!