Burning Sensation/Skin Sensitivity
I have this burning sensation with intense skin sensitivity on the inside of my right arm. It was a quick onset with no obvious catalyst that I can think of. It feels almost like I rubbed up against a thistle or I've got chili oil rubbed into the skin. There is no obvious signs of irritation. The skin seems unaffected, and is lacking any redness or texture difference. I've had to take anything with sleeves off because the rubbing just seems to inflame the sensation. Cool objects make it feel a little bit better and I've resorted to sticking a damp towel in the freezer or pressing cold cups up to it. I wouldn't normally be worried about this, but the burning sensation is spreading from a small area on the inside of my arm up towards my elbow, down to the wrist and to the other side of the limb.

Any help?
I have the same symptoms, in my face, both arms and one leg.  Came out of nowhere and has been torturing me for about six weeks.  Did you ever find out what the cause was?  I have to see a neuro in three weeks.